Acer predator helios 300 Blacked out No charging no bootup

Options
HQureshi
HQureshi Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Predator Laptops

Really disappointed in choosing predator. Just few days back while working on Acer predator helios 300 10gen, it suddenly blacked out and shuts off automatically. Whereas the charger was plugged in. Now it’s not turning on and there’s no charging light either. What could possibly have gone wrong? Please i need suggestions.

Im not a heavy user ever since i bought it.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Its not as bad as that, cheer up😁Predator laptops are good laptops if setup properly, this problem that you have is due to a Super IO and BIOS chips that have frozen and in majority cases a Hard Reset will fix your issues, it happened to me on a new Nitro 5 and after I did this I've never had this problem again.

Take the back cover off, then take the main battery out, disconnect the bios battery and take the ram out, leave all components disconnected for 15min and reconnect all components and boot laptop, this should make your laptop work, if not then there are other charging/power issues that you need to take your laptop to an expert tech in your area as its an internal issue.

• HQureshi

Tinkerer

Options

Ahhhhh thanks for giving me a lifeline hope the Hard reset will fix the problem as I’m not willing to pay any additional charges.

Thanks Dude. Stay blessed 😇.

• HQureshi

Tinkerer

Options

@StevenGen i tried what you suggested but didn’t workout well for me. After diagnosis from the authorized services center they advised to change the MB is it got burned by over charging.

the thing I didn’t understand is i was charging the laptop as the battery was low.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, it doesn’t matter how or when the battery is charged, as and if a component like a filter, capacitor or a mosat chip burns out it allows full voltage to affect main components like the cpu, gpu or ram components that will destroys a mobo. Sorry that it happened to you, as your laptop probably had a charging circuitry issue prior to that charging and when you were charging the laptop, mid-way a mosat (which is the main culprit) burnt out, that led to the mobo disaster that you had, this problem terminal if its not diagnosed and fixed straight away.