XV271 and ROG G752 : screen just show me a no signal message and it doesn't work.

Options
Spootnik
Spootnik Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2023 in Monitors

Hey everyone,

I just bought an Nitro XV271 screen. But it doesn't work with my ROG G752. I mean that when I try to connect, I a short black screen on my ROG (as it does each time you connect something on HDMI port), but acer screen just show me a "no signal" message... and it doesn't work

I tried to restart, screen and pc, it doesn't work

I tried to make all windows update, it doesn't change anything...

I tried with a Dell PC on windows 11, the screen works normally

I tried with an HP on windows 10, the screen works normally

I changed the HDMI, the same problem exists

I checked my ROG HDMI port by a connection on a TV, and it works normally.

So it's really seams to be a problem between my ROG and Acer monitor.

Do you have a solution?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

With the monitor connected, go into Display Settings and look at what resolution is being set for the monitor. It should match the defaults for your XV271. Then look at the ROG G752 specs to see what resolutions the HDMI port supports, you might have to scale down if it doesn't meet the monitor specs. I think most of the XV271 models do 1920x1080, but your ROG might be trying something higher.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

This the XV271 manual installation guide:

This screen should work with a HDMI cable like its shown above and with the HDMI cable that comes with the screen, as a HDMI to a laptop HDMI is a simple connection for a display device and should work 100%, If it doesn't then there is a problem with your Nitro XV271 screen, and you should consult Acer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

With the monitor connected, go into Display Settings and look at what resolution is being set for the monitor. It should match the defaults for your XV271. Then look at the ROG G752 specs to see what resolutions the HDMI port supports, you might have to scale down if it doesn't meet the monitor specs. I think most of the XV271 models do 1920x1080, but your ROG might be trying something higher.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.