ASV15-1B 2: Problems with the SpatialLabs TrueGame, application runs but no menu or anything appears

Options
CAD_Forge
CAD_Forge Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in SpatialLabs

Good day!

I've had the ASV15-1B for a few days now and unfortunately have 2 big problems with it.

1.) The "SpatialLabs TrueGame" software simply cannot be started. I tried the software on 3 PCs, unfortunately the same problem everywhere.

Application runs but no menu or anything appears. All other SpatialLabs software applications work.

2.) As soon as the "SpatialLabs Experience Center" software is started, my system hangs every few seconds.

Unfortunately, this is also the case on 3 different computers. All use Windows 11, one RTX3090, one RTX4090 and one T2000 Quadro Notebook. The behavior is 100% due to the software, as soon as I stop the service the system no longer hangs. As soon as I start the software again, the system hangs.

I'm also happy to take a screen capture and submit it.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Reinhard *********

[Title edited to add issue detail]

[Edited comment to delete personal information]

Answers

• aalkaabi
    aalkaabi Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

I had a similar problem myself when I bought the screen. I tried it on two different computers, and it didn't work; and actually worked on the third one with windows 10 pro. What I did after that, was I formatted my main gaming pc and installed a fresh windows 11 home. Everything worked fine from there. I hope that helps.

• CAD_Forge

Tinkerer

Options

Hi aalkaabi!

Thanks for your reply, I guess your workaround is for my 1. Question?

This is not acceptable, all these PC are for commercial use, so it is not like

“Yeah, just install a fresh Windows Version.”

Is there a way to contact the support or developers? I´m happy to work with them together, but it at this state, I can’t recommend the monitor to any of my customers.

The 2. Problem is unbelievable annoying. Every 5-6 seconds, the system freeze for a short time. Even when the Monitor is not plugged in, as soon as I close the Software with the task manager, the bug is gone. Also, there is no way to close the Spatial Experience Software. 

• aalkaabi
    aalkaabi Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi Cad_forge

You are entitled to support. However, from a user perspective, and to save time, it's better to test new equipment with a fresh installation of windows. As you know, windows configuration hardware and software vary from one PC to another. That makes it very hard to figure out why something, in particular, is not working. Many possibilities could cause such a case. One example would be a conflict between drivers or maybe compatibility issues. Or perhaps you are using multiple monitors. I have been through the frustration, so I understand your point of view, but I find it easier to do a new installation wich will solve the problem in an hour rather than waiting for days. Also you will be sure if there is any problem with the monitor. I know this is not always convenient, but its the fastest.

Sorry if I couldn't help you further. Good luck with support.

• CAD_Forge

Tinkerer

Options

Tomorrow I will try it with a 4th and a 5th PC.

If it is faulty on all 5 Maschines, than I guess the Monitor / Software need some more love from the developers.

I will get back tomorrow and keep you up to date.

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,324 Community Administrator
    Options

Hello @CAD_Forge,

Thank you for your participation in the Acer Community. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the True Game Application. I sent you a private message, please check your inbox and reply at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Acer-Ingrid

• CAD_Forge

Tinkerer

Options

Hi Ingrid,

I allready sent you a message back

Greetings, Reini

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,324 Community Administrator
    Options

1.) The "SpatialLabs TrueGame" software simply cannot be started. I tried the software on 3 PCs, unfortunately the same problem everywhere.

Hello @CAD_Forge I would like to also share here the solution for the SpatialLabs True Game software not launching properly. Please update the App to the last version trough the  Experience Center software, you will find the steep by steep in this article.

Kind Regards,

Acer-Ingrid