Mediatek MTK7663 WiFi Driver Does not Work on Windows 10 LTSC 2019 (Aspire 3 A315-59G)

Options
Piecore
Piecore Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Aspire Laptops

I have this problems since I have downgraded from Win11 to Win10 LTSC. I did this because win11 uses too much resources reducing the performance of my laptop.

Acer support website does not have win10 drivers for my Aspire 3 A315-59G. However, I used win11 drivers and almost every driver worked for me until I install WiFi drivers.

Wifi Driver for Mediatek MTK 7663 does not work. How can I find a suitable driver? Please see:

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,212 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited February 2023
    Options
  • Piecore

Tinkerer

edited February 2023
    Options

Thank you but none of them worked. I've even tried win11 versions. I've got this message everytime. Please see:

I've started to think that may be my laptop does not have MediaTek Wireless Lan Card. Is there a way to determine the brand/version of my wifi adapter?

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,212 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited February 2023
    Options

Yes. You can find out the vendor and type by searching the Hardware-ID of the driver.

Open device manager, select the device, right mouseclick on properties, details. Under property srcoll to Hardware-IDs. Then try PCI-DB.com or Device Hunt or do a google search on the specific hardwareID.

And have a look at the bottom of your notebook. There might be a sticker that indicates which wifi module is installed.

Another site which might help: Error codes in Device Manager in Windows?

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Recommended Resolution

Reinstall the device driver manually

1. From Start, search for device manager and select Device Manager from the results.
    2. Right-click the device in the list.
    3. Select Uninstall from the menu that appears.
    4. After the device is uninstalled, choose Action on the menu bar.
    5. Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

Note You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s website.

• Piecore

Tinkerer

Options

I checked. It is WlanCard+Bluetooth MT7663 indeed.

Uninstalling and manually installing also did not work.

Thank you.

• Piecore

Tinkerer

Options

I solved the problem by installing Win10 LTSC 21H2 IoT.

• Piecore

Tinkerer

Options

After a day and a couple of restarts the problem emerged again. I don't know why. Is it some kind of impose to use win11? or is my wifi adapter broken?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,634 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Piecore

Acer just lists a generic network adapter Wi-Fi 802.11 ac. for your model, maybe Mediatek maybe not? Device Manager could be confused by the Windows11 drivers installed previously. To find out what WIFI adapter is in your laptop: Open the Command Prompt and type:

wmic nic get AdapterType, Name, Installed, MACAddress, PowerManagementSupported, Speed

With my laptop I get: “Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz” you may see Mediatek xxxx

Once you know your exact adapter model look for a driver on Acer Support site or Windows10 catalog (on another PC). Alternatively RESET your laptop to factory setting (type "Recovery" in the Windows10 search box) assuming it came with Windows10, or go back to Windows11, I disagree that W11 uses more resources than W10, just disable the apps you don't use.😉

• chemicallreacc
    chemicallreacc Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

What is this bro? I have the same problem and I am not able to solve it. Kindly help

• Oliver_MS
    Oliver_MS Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 16
    Options

Hier wurde ein ähnliches Problem geschildert, das ich auch hatte.
    Die ersten zwei Arbeitsschritte der Antwort haben mir geholfen

• Piecore

Tinkerer

Options

I have been using my laptop since I have installed the latest version of win 10. BUT the real problem is WiFi adapter loses its connection with its driver or the hardware forgets working whenever laptop goes into sleep mode.

These are the solutions I found

1-) Turn flight mode on whenever you are afk

2-) Disable sleep

or you just have to spam disable and enable until you have your adapter back online 😅

PS: I guess this model's WiFi adapter has a chronic issue.

• suprunchuk
    suprunchuk Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options

I've tried a lot of things. I turned off PCI Express. all power saving is disabled. I don't even know what else to watch, there's nothing more..

• MurgociCristin
    MurgociCristin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

In Windows 11 I found this: right click on start to enter: Device Manager, open Network Adapters, where if you see a yellow triangle of problems (MediaTek 802...LAN Card): right click and then click on Update Driver, then choose: Browse my computer for drivers, then: Let me pick from list available drivers on my computer, then: Next, next is down, and that's it. Success!