Acer Swift Edge R7 very loud never stop. On idle, and cpu load at 2% fans

dziki_pl
dziki_pl Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello

I just bought Edge R7. It's a great machine, but very loud. Fans never stop. On idle, and cpu load at 2% fans are still running, just scrolling webpage and fans are loud.

I have another brand laptop with the same configuration, CPU, ram only difference is 13" display, 1kg weight. It's quiet.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,660 Trailblazer

I believe your model number is one of the SFA16-41 versions, it should be on the same sticker as your serial number and look like SFA16-41-xxxx. If that is the right model series, this is what the fan table looks like:

So things start getting noisy around 50C for CPU temp and ramps up to maximum at 90C. What are you seeing for CPU temperatures under idle use, normal use and heavy use?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dziki_pl
    dziki_pl Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

It's noisy always. Fans are loud, Asus S13 R7 have this same CPU, in smaller body and less weight. You can hear fans only on bigger load, in this Acer scrolling webpage make noise. On idle, when cpu load is under 2% temperatures are 42-44. When you start scrolling webpage, after some seconds is 50-60.

What is bad, now at night in silent room I'm using Asus computer, fans are running at 2000rpm and I can't hear them. This Acer, 44C at similar fans speed you can hear noise.

https://youtu.be/RhbLv3xPzuU

• Rogerio2000
    Rogerio2000 Member Posts: 1 New User

My SFA16-41 also has high fan noise, and temperatures are some 16C above room temperature even on idle. When I go to Second Life temperatures go much higher and I crash out often with GPU errors.