ph317-55--92g8 brand new laptop wont run on battery

ellabbs
ellabbs Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2023 in Predator Laptops

laptop 5 weeks old, and when i pull power lead out, the laptop dies, instantly.

will not run on battery altho battery is 100% charged and showing this as well.

i have pressed power for 2 mins and tried to restart but still dies.

please help, this is the 2nd time this has happened, the shop exchanged the laptop. but i have so much work done on this , i can not afford to have to redo everything again.

please help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• ellabbs

sorry, it is a predator Helios 300 no battery resset hole.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Better backup your files and replace or ask for refund. A new laptop should never have such issues in the first place. Better safe than sorry if you do it rather than try to fix it.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • What is the exact model? Example ab515-55-5789. if the computer does not have a warranty seal, I would try taking the computer apart and then disconnecting and reconnecting the lithium battery. Sometimes it can be a bad connection.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ellabbs

ph317-55--92g8

this is the second predator helios thats done this.

no seal, ill take a look.

thanks

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • EliteCold0
    EliteCold0 Member Posts: 1 New User

Mine was the laptop battery connector was not fully seated.