Acer ED322QP replacement monitor very low volume

MelG23
MelG23 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Monitors

Hi all, rather than mess around I've had a replacement swapped today, ( Acer ED322QP) ok, so plugged it all in and this time you can hear volume out the speakers, however even at level 100 it's only just audible. If you put headphones on it's clear as day so I'm asking has anyone else had issues with these monitors. I've tried all cables, connected to both xbox and computer and it's still the same no matter what I do, at the moment I'm extremely disappointed because this is sold as having inbuilt speakers but what's the point if they're horrendous quality and are pretty much inaudible. I can't help thinking I've done something wrong but I've spent considerable time going through every single setting aswell. All advice welcome but i'm almost at the point in returning it and getting a different brand.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer

Are you using the on screen display menu to change the volume, or the volume controls in Windows?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MelG23

Tinkerer

As per above "I've tried all cables, connected to both xbox and computer and it's still the same no matter what I do"

Same as in Pc & xbox, used on screen and system to no avail.

• Can you record a video of the problem?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MelG23

Tinkerer

Can you record a video of the problem?

What would be the point in videoing an inaudible monitor? for your imagination, think you have to put your face right up to it to be able to distinguish what is being said and then you have to strain, again, there is good sound coming off the headphones but the speakers are horrendous.

• Lol! You are right. What happens is that I confused your topic with another question and ended up posting this answer here. However, I think you should check if this problem occurs when you connect the DP cable to the monitor as well.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer

I assume you have gone into the OSD and set the volume there as well as the volume in Windows?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.