When using Spatial Labs Go, I get a lot of input lag. In game FPS is above 40 but there is input lag

Options
AngeloDark92
AngeloDark92 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited February 2023 in SpatialLabs

I have just got this monitor, there is a website I used when I had a 3D tv and back when I had a 3D monitor as well (helixmod). There are a ton of games and they are spoofed to work with dx11 and output in SBS almost perfect 3D. When using SpatialLabs Go on the View monitor, (which is supposed to work with SBS content) I get a lot of input lag. I am checking the ingame stats and the fps is above 40fps, but the input lag makes it look like less than 20. Is this something that will be worked on?

I am truly in awe of this monitor's performance when using the 3d ultra mode with TrueGame, but since the software does not support many games yet (especially in 3D Ultra mode), I thought the modding community could help. I was trying to make things work by loading SBS content but apparently the Go app only works only with videos, photos or youtube without introducing input lag.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• AngeloDark92
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The forum doesn't let me edit the previous post so I will have to create a new one...

I have solved the problem for Ni no kuni 2 and possibly all the other dx11 games. Just download the latest witcher 3 helixmod and copy paste the entire content onto the game you want to play. I have tried copy pasting only the dx11 ini file but it requires the proper dll in order to work so you might as well copy the entire mod. Each game has different shader fixes though, so be sure to always copy paste the right one (without the ini files) in for each game over the one you have just copied from the witcher 3 (folder is called ShaderFixes). The witcher 3 4.01 fix already outputs in sbs so there is no need to tinker with .inis, although since this procedure can cause some compatibility problems I will have to see, maybe ask on the blogspot, how to output sbs correctly for every mod.

Answers

• Tokyo01
    Tokyo01 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options

Just to let you know that I have the same experience with input lag as you with other SBS mods for DX11/12 than the Helixmod. I have been playing around with reshade, SuperDepth3D and vorpX.

Having that said, I think there is massive potential if we as you suggest could get help from the modding community considering how well these 3D monitors work.

• AngeloDark92
    edited February 2023
    Options

Yes, that's for sure. But I think it's a software issue with the Go app at this point. I have tried monitoring my gpu and cpu and they consume the same amount of memory and are under the same load the whole time, the ram usage increases a bit but nothing special. I think the input lag is actually output lag. Further proof of that could be that there is no delay with the sound, just the video feed.

I don't want to go off topic but I have also noticed a bit of ghosting especially in dark scenes, is that normal or could my unit be defective?

• aalkaabi
    aalkaabi Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

"I don't want to go off topic, but I have also noticed a bit of ghosting especially in dark scenes, is that normal or could my unit be defective?"

I also see some ghosting when looking at a bright subject in dark surroundings. I believe it is a software issue that can be improved over time. I think the monitor is alright.

• AJ007
    AJ007 Member Posts: 39 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Unfortunately I also have massive input lags when using e.g. "Reshade". I've tried various games and if you make some adjustments, the 3D effects are incredibly good, especially with the new "The Settlers", but unfortunately it's not really playable due to the input lag.

I hope that this will be corrected, because it could be decisive for everyone's purchase decision

• aalkaabi
    aalkaabi Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

How about 3DGM.

• AngeloDark92
    Options

Yes, that's what I was thinking it could do having read other posts. But unfortunately that's not true. 3D conversion from SBS sources works well on 3D films and videos but not on games, which is a shame. But I am now 90% sure it's a software issue and it might or might not be improved, depending on what the Go app does in the background. in order to maintain the lowest input lag possible the app needs to do as little as possible, which means stretch left and right image to full screen and send the pixel info to each lenticular display. But I am under the impression it's more complex than that depending on how the pixels need to be sent.

• AngeloDark92
    Options

Actually, there was an update the other day for the Go app. It seems it solved all the input lag issues i had. There is still a bit but it's now entirely playable. I am playing the witcher 3 with helixmods in sbs and just enabling the side by side mode on the go app. I saw the update the other day but I forgot to try it out...

• AJ007
    Options

As far as I know, I use the latest firmware "V2.1.0" of the Spatiallabs Go app and unfortunately all games are stuttering if I use "Reshade" (side by side),

even though the FPS is constant 60.

Video are working perfect in side by side !

Unfortunately, as far as I know, the helixmods does not work with RTX 3080 graphics cards and also not with the latest Nvidia drivers.

What hardware do you use?

• AngeloDark92
    Options

I have a 3080 Ti. Yes, I have noticed 3Dvision fixes do not work (tried ni no kuni 2 yestarday and could not get it to output sbs). I am going to tinker with this one a bit more because I have read somewhere that sbs output should be allowed, also that's how the screens on the website are taken. The helixmod for the witcher 3 is a different kind of mod though, it doesn't work through 3d vision. It works almost perfectly because I am not getting the huge input lag I was at the beginning but I do get stutters sometimes.

• AJ007
    edited February 2023
    Options

Otherwise, I used an old Samsung S27950D Monitor with "Reshade" without any input lags and side by side works very well in most cases.

Let us all hope, that Acer gets the current restrictions working with this input lag in the interests of all gamers !

• AngeloDark92
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The forum doesn't let me edit the previous post so I will have to create a new one...

I have solved the problem for Ni no kuni 2 and possibly all the other dx11 games. Just download the latest witcher 3 helixmod and copy paste the entire content onto the game you want to play. I have tried copy pasting only the dx11 ini file but it requires the proper dll in order to work so you might as well copy the entire mod. Each game has different shader fixes though, so be sure to always copy paste the right one (without the ini files) in for each game over the one you have just copied from the witcher 3 (folder is called ShaderFixes). The witcher 3 4.01 fix already outputs in sbs so there is no need to tinker with .inis, although since this procedure can cause some compatibility problems I will have to see, maybe ask on the blogspot, how to output sbs correctly for every mod.

• AJ007
    Options

That's sounds interesting.

Thank you for all the information, but I don't understand all of it. Could you explain that with the shaders and the *.ini files in a little more detail?

But only if you have the time and desire to do so, otherwise I have to keep trying 😉

• AngeloDark92
    Options

More info here https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2022/06/announcing-new-geo-11-3d-driver.html . Older games have older fixes so you have to use this new fix along with the old one to make it work, just follow the guide.

• AJ007
    Options

Thanks a lot for you support 👍

I ´ve got it to work well with geo-11 and it looks a lot sharper as reshade in my opinion, but the input lag is unfortunately still present at this moment, where I use ctrl+G for enable 3D “side by side” mode with SpatialLabs Go.

I´ve got the Version : 2.1.0 (see attached screenshot)

If you do not have any input lag since last SpatialLabs Go Version, which Version is yours?

• AngeloDark92
    Options

Same version, yes the input lag is still present but not as bas as before this update. I am getting about 200-250ms input lag (before the update it was more like 800ms or even 1s), which means you can still noticeably see it but it's not as bad. You won't be able to play any game that requires precision obviously but it's still acceptable. I hope they get it to work better than this though.

• AJ007
    Options

Yes I hope so too, but this stuttering when playing games is anything but good and not playable in my opinion, not even in strategy games.

I hope they fix it ASAP, otherwise I'll regret my purchase, because I don't like hoping for True Game activations only 😁

• AngeloDark92
    Options

I don't have any stuttering though, just the input lag.

• AJ007
    Options

I have this stuttering problem with all the games I've tried so far (with Reshade / Helix mod) and the stuttering only starts when I send the monitor to SBS mode with ctrl+G. So it must be a SpatialLabs Go problem.

Games which are avia😉ble in True GAmes APP are working very well withoutz stuttering, but I only use 1 Game from the TrueGame List

• AJ007
    edited February 2023
    Options

I found out something new!

When I switch the monitor to SBS mode crtl+G, I see a massive CPU load from "SpatialLabs Display Service.exe" Version 1.02.2019 in the task manager of around 40%,

so I'm not surprised that all games are stuttering.

Can anyone confirm?

I have a notebook with an RTX 3080 and a i9 11900H and 32GB RAM, that should probably be enough, also according to the SpatialLabs View specification.

• AngeloDark92
    Options

I have a 9900k, I had also noticed this weird behaviour when I had that massive input lag and stuttering but it stopped happening. I thought it was because they fixed it in recent builds but apparently not.