Veriton x4690g - No option to disable RAID in BIOS?

jacksondog33
jacksondog33 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hello - can someone explain how to disable RAID on a Veriton x4690g? In BIOS, I have disabled onboard sata (VMD controlled) and disabled secure boot. When I go to Intel RST technology, the BIOS shows Intel RST 19.0.6.5572 RST VMD driver installed but no option to disable it. I need to install an AHCI NVMe drive into this machine. Any ideas? Thanks

Best Answer

• jacksondog33

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

@AnhEZ28 @billsey Problem resolved over the phone by Acer technical support. CTRL+D from Onboard SATA controller page allows you to disable VMD. Thanks all for your help.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,086 Pathfinder

@jacksondog33 try to disable the VMD controller option, not the onboard SATA.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • jacksondog33

Tinkerer

When I enable onboard sata, a line below appears and says VMD control. I cannot change this setting. Turn off onboard sata and the VMD control line disappears.

• jacksondog33

Tinkerer

The x4690g bios is completely different from the x4618g, x4620g, x4630g and x4660g bioses. I have been buying these veritons for years and never had this problem!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Make sure you have the system backed up first... You should be able to switch to AHCI for the onboard SATA mode, then disable the VMD controller to get what you are looking for. The existing drives may not be recognizable after the switch, since they are expecting RAID mode, but a reinstall or new OS install should recognize them and reconfigure for AHCI use.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jacksondog33

Tinkerer

Understood. How do I disable the VMD controller? That's the issue!

• jacksondog33

Tinkerer

Veriton x4680g

Veriton x4690g

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,086 Pathfinder

@jacksondog33 try to press CTRL+S while you are on the OnBoard SATA controller page.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • jacksondog33

Tinkerer

edited February 2023

@AnhEZ28 Unfortunately, Ctrl+S does nothing from any of the pages. Frustrating because I'm sure it can be done but the new bois interface seems to have a lot fewer options than the old one.

• jacksondog33

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

@AnhEZ28 @billsey Problem resolved over the phone by Acer technical support. CTRL+D from Onboard SATA controller page allows you to disable VMD. Thanks all for your help.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

CTRL-D huh? Usually they use CTRL-S to get into the extra modes... Here's what the SG says that page supports for the first few lines:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.