Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 The laptop display has stopped connecting to the discrete graphics card. Help

ShonTyo2023
ShonTyo2023 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hi all! Sorry, I'll use a translator.

My laptop Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 | GTX 1650 + INTEL | W10

I have always disabled the integrated video card through the device manager and used only a discrete one, because I don't like how they switch between themselves in Adobe After Effects.

But a couple of days ago I noticed that my laptop started to work much worse than before and began to heat up, I noticed that the desktop window manager loads my GPU at 100% when I move the mouse.

Then I noticed that in the display properties it says that: "Microsoft Basic Display" but in the task manager my discrete 1650 card is visible.

I reinstalled the drivers, in different ways, and different versions, nothing helped. I reinstalled windows 10 3 times and 1 time on windows 11. Nothing helped either.

I found a way to unlock the bios and get into advanced settings, I went to the display priority item and chose PCI and something else. But my laptop display just stopped working

And now 2 questions, how can this be solved and why this could be and whether it could be a hardware problem

And the second question is how to disable the integrated video card through the BIOS

I forgot to say that it all started by itself, I did not install new drivers, nor did I update Windows

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@ShonTyo2023 just leave the Intel GPU enabled. Disabling it will make most of the laptop display function limited such as the refresh rate and wrong resolution. You can try to change the preferred GPU to Nvidia in the Nvidia Control panel for the Adobe After Effect

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers