How to make acer laptops run faster?

Options
Gana4066
Gana4066 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Here are some ways to make your Acer laptop run faster:

• Windows settings:
  • a. Disable unnecessary startup programs: Go to Task Manager, click on the Startup tab, and disable any programs you do not need to start automatically when the laptop starts.
  • b. Uninstall unused programs: Go to Control Panel, click on Programs and Features, and uninstall any programs you do not use regularly.
  • c. Clear temporary files: Go to the Disk Cleanup tool and transparent temporary files, including system files, to free up disk space.
  • d. Disable visual effects: Go to System Properties, click Advanced System Settings, and then click on the Advanced tab. Click on the Settings button under the Performance section, and select Adjust for best performance.
  • e. Update drivers: Ensure all drivers, including graphics, sound, and chipset drivers, are up-to-date.
  • f. Use antivirus software: Regularly run an antivirus scan to keep your laptop free from malware.
  • BIOS settings:
  • a. Disable secure boot: Some Acer laptops have secure boot enabled, which can slow down the boot process. Disable secure boot in the BIOS to speed up the boot process.
  • b. Enable AHCI mode: Some Acer laptops have SATA compatibility mode enabled, which can slow down disk performance. Enable AHCI mode in the BIOS for improved disk performance.
  • c. Adjust power settings: Adjust the power settings in the BIOS to optimize performance. You can typically choose between performance, battery life, and balanced modes.
  • d. Enable virtualization technology: Some Acer laptops come with virtualization technology disabled, which can slow down performance. Enable virtualization technology in the BIOS to speed up performance.

Note: Before making any BIOS changes, read the manual for your specific Acer laptop model, as the options available may vary depending on the model.

These are some steps I follow. Please add if any more are available and do like if this is helpful.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

Please check the output of ChatGPT before posting it ;)

• Gana4066
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Leostat

Thanks for mentioning

I was experimenting with this, and it seems like it helps in framing better answers than my English.

I was a techi myself and trying to get better at answering questions

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated

Anyway end of the day, I just want to help and don't get anything in return

• Leostat
    Options

Just be careful with what it spits out, it sometimes "lies" or gives bad answers, so for example f is eh, defender is fine for everyone , and for the bios ones a will break the boot process for windows, b will degrade the performance on laptops and use more battery (IDE -> AHCI good, IRST -> AHCI bad ) , c isnt exposed the in uefi i think and d wont have any effect!

Chat GPT is great and it can help, but be a bit careful with what it spits out :)

How are you finding it at the moment? Im loving it for My DnD and Dusk Cities games

• Gana4066
    Options

Thanks for the suggestions

I'm using it mostly to enhance my writings and sometimes to get help solving hard leetcode problems

Mostly when I need to research about something ChatGpt helps me a lot but as you said did saw many cases here it showed wrong output

• Leostat
    Options

I have been impressed at how it "understands" code, to say its just looks at statistically what the next word should be, its been very impressive at loking at python and php for bugs!

• Gana4066
    edited February 2023
    Options

Yeah really it's great in that vertical being a language processing model it does a great job and needs to skill up just because some of the tasks we can do using that chatbot and we need to understand it better to work along with it .