Sound in Zoom, Hazzy Video Quality and Two External Monitors for my Aspire A515-56

MP53
MP53 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Here's the Info:

Aspire A515-56

NXAASAA00421108ECE3400

Here's the Scoop:

1) Had Acer Swift SF114-32 from Acer Re certified Service. Love it. No problem Except pesky 2nd external monitor magical mystery requirements. Yeah, Acer!😀

2) Lots of productive use but at the planned obsolescence wall day after layoff and I needed a functioning, reliable laptop for all things job search including interviews with zoom.

3) Went Acer Re certified again and got this Aspire A515-56, good machine. Fine machine but here come the issues and "please" if anyone can help:

1. All video playback online, YouTube, wherever very wobbly, not crisp and clean like other machine. Why? Is there A fix that has proven to be effective?
  2. Today first Zoom New Acer 3 hour back to back interview. Downloaded, tested, practiced both Zoom and Acer. First 3 interviews connected video and audio. Could hear ok than mumbling, could hear than silence but lips moving. After third, uh oh. It's not the interviewer. It's the interviewee's Acer and Zoom. They are being kind to take the heat. Fifteen-minute break before final interview, get old Swift model fire up zoom. Perfect. No problem
    1. Why did the Aspire / Zoom work fine when testing and prepping before many times before live use and then show time it abandoned me totally? Disruption and distraction for all, an awful experience for me. Felt very low and very nervous about what the next email from this recruiter will say. Please, is there a fix that works?
    2. I laid the story out like this, so it's clear we do not just use these machines for entertainment, gaming, information, etc.only. We use them in very important ways like I did today
  3. IBM, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Surface hooked up 2 external monitors no problem. Acer Swift I stopped trying. Acer Aspire I had high hopes but no. Why can't Acer grasp this like the others without pages upon pages of support requests and mind-blowing answers. You can do this, but if you have the S or 123. It may not work, so you may have to buy this device and be sure you can return because it may not work. Please, is there a proven and effective fix for this model? If not, what device other than a $150 or upper $200 Acer docking station is a proven solution?

If someone can assist, that would be great. If not ok I will still pursue. I'd go to Acer tech support, but they won't have me with this purchase, and Acer Re certified sends me to Acer Sales. Thanks.

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,265 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Let's address the Zoom issue first. Open Control Panel. Search 'sound'. Click 'change sound card settings' in left pane. Click playback tab. Right click speaker icon properties. Click advanced tab. Uncheck mode and acceleration options. Then click OK. Then click recording tab. Right click mic properties. Click enhancement tabs. Dissable enhancements. Click OK.

Your laptop natively supports one independent external display via the HDMI port. It should also support another independent external display via a USB port but an active USB-to-video signal converter must be used since none of the USB ports natively support alternate mode video signal outputs. The preferred resolution is 1080p for most monitors.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the report & link. I'll add the link to my list 🙂

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓

Let's address the Zoom issue first. Open Control Panel. Search 'sound'. Click 'change sound card settings' in left pane. Click playback tab. Right click speaker icon properties. Click advanced tab. Uncheck mode and acceleration options. Then click OK. Then click recording tab. Right click mic properties. Click enhancement tabs. Dissable enhancements. Click OK.

Your laptop natively supports one independent external display via the HDMI port. It should also support another independent external display via a USB port but an active USB-to-video signal converter must be used since none of the USB ports natively support alternate mode video signal outputs. The preferred resolution is 1080p for most monitors.

Jack E/NJ

• MP53

Thanks for the response Jack. Your direction fixed the Zoom issue and improved the video issue. So I understand about the USB-to-Video Signal Converter now. I will obtain one and let you know how it goes. Have a great day.

Mike P/NC

• MP53

Hi JackE. Happy to report you solved monitor issue too. I'm up and running. Here is a link to the product I purchased from Amazon. Thanks so much for reaching out and resolving these issues. It is greatly appreciated.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0725K1MHH?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

• JackE
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the report & link. I'll add the link to my list 🙂

Jack E/NJ