an515-57-534e Advanced Optimus is inactive. is it normal?

Options
Andrew_Sn
Andrew_Sn Member Posts: 146 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited February 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello. I have a nitro 5 an515-57-534e with a rtx 3050 ti. Is it normal that my Optimus is inactive?

[Edited the content to add model name and issue detail]

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Andrew_Sn advanced Optimus is switching the GPU. This model doesn't support Mux Switch so that function is inactive.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options

Do you have the latest Sept 2022 3050ti driver and nvidia control panel software installed from the Acer download site for region?

Jack E/NJ

• Andrew_Sn
    Options

Hello. I have the latest nvidia driver and the control panel is up to date. Does this laptop support this feature?

• Andrew_Sn
    Options

I update drivers through GeForce experience.

• JackE
    Options

The GPU should support optimus but the Acer BIOS firmware may not yet have the option to turn it on. Are the driver and control panel updates from the ACER download site? The updates from the nvidia generic download site may not work properly with your proprietary mainboard.

Jack E/NJ

• Andrew_Sn
    Options

Dude, I'm asking about Advanced Optimus, simple Optimus works for me. Read my question.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Andrew_Sn advanced Optimus is switching the GPU. This model doesn't support Mux Switch so that function is inactive.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • JackE
    Options

>>>I'm asking about Advanced Optimus, simple Optimus works for me. Read my question.>>>

Same deal. Are the driver and control panel updates from the ACER download site? The updates from the nvidia generic download site may not work properly with your proprietary mainboard.

Jack E/NJ

• cloudlin
    cloudlin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

https://www.acer.com/us-en/predator/laptops/predator-and-nitro-gaming-laptop-gpu-specs

according this site .it show Predator and Nitro model spc. My model is an515-58 with RTX 4060,only have mux switch ,doesn't have advanced optimus.My system info in Nvdia panel show like advanced optimus also is inactive.