Incorrect work on Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57

Options
consigliere
consigliere Member Posts: 2 New User

Good afternoon. I have a laptop.

There was some difficulty after installing Windows 11, namely: Windows Update downloads only a small part of the drivers on my laptop, and even installs them with errors, although after rebooting and re-checking for updates, it makes a second attempt and several drivers are still installed.

The work of coolers on a laptop after installing this version is simply inadequate. Windows licensed. Even after disabling the ill-fated widgets, the system does not work correctly.

There are no such problems on Windows 10, immediately after installation everything is installed correctly and no difficulties arise.

I understand that you can install absolutely all the drivers from the support section, but this only half solves the problem.

Question: is Acer going to add up-to-date drivers to the Windows installer package (their servers) so that the installation goes smoothly?

On the same an515-45, there are no such difficulties.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

The AN515-57 and AN515-45 are very different laptops. One is AMD based, the other Intel! It sounds like your upgrade to Windows 11 in the Intel based laptop didn't go well. Did you upgrade through Windows Update or by installing from a flash drive? Right now it's in a poor state since Windows Update isn't able to complete. Have you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter to attempt to get that working? There have been a lot of updates since W11 was released and you can't really get into diagnosing your issues until it can at least get current.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • consigliere
    consigliere Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

This happens with any type of installation: updating from Windows 10 or a clean install via a USB flash drive.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you able to revert to Windows 10 ? That may be the simplest answer.