CAN I UPDATE THE ACER XC_895 I WANTED TO ADD MORE MEMORY RAM???

ZENBENZINE
ZENBENZINE Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

HELLO EVERYONE.

I wanted to add more memory ram to mi computer. some people in the community group recommended me this before trying to put a graphic card because i use the computer only to watch videos and streaming movies. So I just bough another 8g ram memory with the same specifications of the one that comes with the pc. But when I install it in the second slot, and connect everything again. the computer start a beep, and the beeping stop just when I turn the computer off. I checked switching the rams between slots but the beeping continues. Then I removed the old one and put the new in the slot that was always in use and there is no beeping (so the new ram works perfectly and is not faulty). Then I installed just in the second slot ( the one that was always empty), but both the new and the old ram cause the beeping. what can be the problem? Is the slot damage? can I install one ram of 16g in the slot that was always in use with an 8g ram? What is the max memory I can use in that slot? thanks in advance!!!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

Should be fine, slots are up to 16GB DDR4 2600 , what are the two ram sticks? Im wondering if they are not sharing a timing or something

• veeb0rg
    veeb0rg Member Posts: 2 New User

I've had desktops do this when I've tried to put ECC ram into them. Check to make sure the new stick isn't a ECC stick. If you are unsure post a good clear photo of the label and I'll try to help you.