The color of the touchpad plastic is slightly different from the color of the laptop case.

Andrew_Sn
Andrew_Sn Member Posts: 146 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited February 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello. I noticed that the color of the touchpad plastic is slightly different from the color of the laptop case. It is noticeable in bright light. Is it normal?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer

Hi,

Yes, it's normal, I will post the pictures in the morning when it's bright.

• Andrew_Sn
    Andrew_Sn Member Posts: 146 Fixer WiFi Icon

The touchpad seems to have a different texture and its color is different.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@Andrew_Sn

As long as the touchpad is working fine you can use it. If you feel uncomfortable in using it..

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.   Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - click on "contact support". Scroll down. You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

If it is out of warranty, please contact local store or

Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - Click on "Repair My Acer" - Request to have your Acer product repaired.  There will be charges for repair. 

Additional info to contact Acer Store: Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  For the parts which are not available on Acer store, you have to contact local store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Yes, the texture is slightly different than the rest of the body because it's made of different material, as I have told you I am posting the pictures to show how they looked in my previous laptop.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    edited January 2023

@Andrew_Sn

Please compare the laptops of your friends. You can see a slight color difference between touch pad and the panel. On some laptop you will not find a huge difference. You need to check it using a flash light to find the difference.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★