Aspire 315 battery charger disconnecting hoping for a solution.

Options
ilievski
ilievski Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Sorry guys, have no idea how this works, so will post my question, hoping for a solution.

It's regarding aspire 315. Recently the charging cable behaves funny, meaning not charging.

It does charge time to time, probably when the cable is in some "certain" position I guess. I am moving across the house, on different table, different position, but works only them it likes to work.

What I have tried. Replaced the fuse 3amp, tried (replaced) only the first half of the cable from the other laptop (up to the square charging thingy), with needle reset the battery, the bios I could find the last version is from 4 years ago so didn't try.

The machine has no scratch, no damage pins, charges, whatsoever, I have been taking care of it well so no an visible glitch, the port doesn't wiggle too.

I was thinking to try with another charger? Have no clue what else to do.

Advice and thoughts please?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    Options

Which model do you have? Example A315-XX-XXXX.

If you have a voltmeter, you can check the voltage between the two pins of the charging adapter. While doing that, wiggle the power cord and the charging cable and check if there is a loose contact in one of the cables or plugs.