Unable to get my Acer Nitro 5 back to the out-of-the-box configuration. How can I fix this?

MrCrypt
MrCrypt Member Posts: 0 Newbie
edited October 2023 in Windows 10

Please read before answering the obvious: I understand how to reset the Acer Nitro 5; however, I've ran into a certain problem that I have yet to find a solution to.

Essentially, when I downgraded from Windows 11 to 10 using the Windows ISO tool, it removed all of the pre-installed software, and after factory resetting it again, it was still void of Nitrosense, Acer Care Center, and Norton, along with the other bloatware. So basically, I was left with a completely fresh version of windows, no evidence of my laptop ever being a nitro 5.

I'm fairly certain whatever version of Windows that was on the laptop which included all the preinstalled software was completely ridded of.

Apologies if this question comes off as confusing, I'll be more than happy to answer any follow-up questions in the replies.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Likely one of your Windows installs or up/downgrades has replaced the Acer factory image on the second recovery partition with the stock Windows image. You might be able to buy the original image from Acer, for the USA and Canada they offers those in the store, elsewhere you usually have to contact Acer support. You can, of course just install the versions under the Application tab on their driver site, but they often don't have everything available there due to licensing restrictions.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.