Tinkerer

edited January 2023 in Monitors

I can't find the firmware in support page please help

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

There are NO firmware updates for the EI242QR monitor series. Only Windows drivers and Acer monitor widget updates are available. Why do you think you need a firmware update?

Jack E/NJ

• Raeno
    Raeno Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

my monitor suddenly stopped working, when I power it up no acer startup logo just the back light

• Raeno

Tinkerer

Options

i don't need firmware updates i need the original one

• William_mk2
    Options

@Raeno

Bios update or firmware update is only for known issues.

It might be a cable issue..  Remove all the cables from monitor.  Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.  Connect all the cables back. Try to turn on the monitor.  Connect the monitor to computer and check. If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.   Try to connect it back and check.  If possible try to use an alternative cable and check.  

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.  Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.  Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check.  

On the monitor – use the control buttons.  There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.  Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check or Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JackE
    edited January 2023
    Options

>>>my monitor suddenly stopped working, when I power it up no acer startup logo just the back light>>>i don't need firmware updates i need the original one>>>

Sorry, a hardware failure is more likely than a firmware issue. With all cables disconnected except power cable and monitor turned on, does menu key respond?

Jack E/NJ

• Raeno

Tinkerer

Options

i'm already tried all of this before post and nothing works

about reset menu button display noting when i press it

• Raeno

Tinkerer

Options
  • JackE
    Options

Since the backlight works, the LCD ribbon cable connectors to the mainboard and screen might need to be re-seated a few times to help clean the contacts. Unfortunately, the monitor must be disassembled to access this cable. You might want to consider taking it a local TV or desktop repair shop for an evaluation and cost estimate since they usually have the proper wedges to remove the screen bezel and backcover latches without damaging them too much.

Jack E/NJ