My Acer Swift 3 keeps giving me the blue screen of death even after I reset my laptop.

KhufuArcanus
KhufuArcanus Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi, I have an Acer Swift 3 laptop. I've had it for a few years now. Suddenly after having it on for a little while it will give me the blue screen of death and then restart. It did this a few times but now it's to the point I can't do anything on it for more than a few minutes. I reset my whole laptop to try and fix the problem but it still gave the blue screen after I reset it. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm really frustrated.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,454 Trailblazer

>>>I reset my whole laptop to try and fix the problem>>>

Did you use the AcerCareCenter or ALT+F10 cold boot method to do a factory Acer OEM reset? These are NOT the same as a reset from Windows settings or Windows Control Panel.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer

Which Swift 3 model do you have? The full mmodel number should be on the same sticker as the serial number and look something like SF3xx-xxx-xxxx. Can you take a picture or two of the BSOD? They often have details that can be very helpful in determing what is going on. Also try booting to the BIOS and wandering around there for long enough to determine if the issue happens there. Then boot into safe mode and do the same thing. Those will help to determine if the issue is hardware or software.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.