3D movies - Spatial Labs View and trying to figure out the true capabilities of this

Options
Jbcil
Jbcil Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in SpatialLabs

Hi,

just bought the SpatialLabs View and trying to figure out the true capabilities of this thing to decide if I keep it or not.

First I am surprized to see how quiet the community is and little announcement regarding new software release & improvement. Is it dead yet or could we expect frequent update regarding games compatibility & such?

Also I did some side by side video to try the effect it is quite intensive for the eyes and not as smooth and nice looking than some games like Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair which is unfortunately not the best game for grownups audience.. who can afford this thing. So what kind of movies render well on this thing and where can I try them?

Also tried games like Shadow of the Tomb Raider for example provides some really bad visual rendering in comparison and I suspect the stereoscopic rendering being quite different than Yooka. Can it be improved ? ( I have a powerfull system RTC 3080ti)

So please @Acer-Blayn @Acer-Brad @Acer-Jose or @AcerWhoEverWorkHere provide some tips to showcase your tech and make sure buyers stick to it!

Thanks!

[Edited the content to add issue detail]

Answers

• Tokyo01
    Tokyo01 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options

Hi,

I am a happy owner of the Predator Helios SpatialLabs edition, which also is a high spec system with the same 3D display build in as you have bought.

Overall, I have mixed feelings about the product. One the one hand, it looks very promising. On the other hand the software is buggy and unstable especially when it comes running the games. I have games such which are supposed to work out of the box such as Forza Horizon 4 and 5, I cannot get them to work. These either crash or are not recognized automatically as supposed to by the TrueGame software. I have even restored my preinstalled Windows installation in order to make sure that all my Windows and application settings are clean and as supposed to.

There is news that an updated version of the software including a new and improved 3D ultra mode is about to be released by the end of January:

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/hands-on-acer-spatiallabs-truegame-3d-ultra-mode-review#section-price-and-availability

I hope this is going to fix my issues.

In addition, I have a larger collection of 3D Blurays (frame packing/sequential 3D) and I have managed to get these to play in high resolution as side-by-side 3D without having to re-encode them first with freely available codec packs and a Media Player Classic. This is a really amazing experience. The 3D effect is especially great in Pixar movies such as Toy Story 4 and Monsters University, but there are many others. The 3d effect is especially great when I sit about 4-6 feet away from the screen. It is like looking through a window into another world. Most movies play at 24 or 30 frames per second so it is not as smooth as the games, but still excellent.