Veriton Z4870G Bluetooth Stopped Working it seems like bluetooth is not enabled on the device

sanghoonalee
sanghoonalee Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Windows 11 Pro, Veriton Z4870G

Having trouble figuring out what happened and can use some help. Bluetooth keyboard was working fine last week, but now it seems like bluetooth is not enabled on the device, and cannot connect.

Tried to download and add the bluetooth driver from Support | Acer United States, but either it is not showing, or I am downloading incorrectly.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

The issue is likely with one of the internal USB hosts or controllers. The Bluetooth portion of the WiFi card is sitting on a USB 2.0 port that connects to the chipset. If the data on that port is getting corrupted then the system doesn't see the Bluetooth at all, so hides it in Device Manager. If you turn on view hidden devices it will show up, and as not connected. Try expanding USB Controllers and remove/reinstall them one by one to see if it comes back. Sometimes that does it, sometimes you need to do an OS reset, sometimes it just magically fixes itself.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sanghoonalee
    sanghoonalee Member Posts: 4 New User

Thanks for the response- view hidden devices did show that bluetooth icon was hidden. I uninstalled the Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft) which disabled the USB Keyboard and Mouse I was using, but restarting seemed to have reinstalled this and also fixed the bluetooth issue.

Thanks for the help!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Good to hear! We seldom hear back when things are actually fixed, and it helps to know that in your case the fingerprint reader is on that host controller.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.