Windows 11 Battery Saver crashed when on battery power in Aspire Vero

Shvitzer2000
Shvitzer2000 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited January 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hi there,

I had some strange issues on my Windows 11 Home Aspire Vero. Three times yesterday, my laptop crashed when on battery power.

I looked in the Widows System logs, and it seems the Microsoft Battery Save feature is causing the problem. the first time due to battery saver causing power issues to the Wifi, the second time it happened when copying files off a USB stick.

Basically the whole desktop freezes and I need to do a battery/full reset.

Hopefully Microsoft are aware of this issue and they release patches to fix.

Turning off battery saver seemed to fix the issue.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Go to this link. Enter your Vero's full model number in the drivers and manual section, for example AV14-51. And download the updated Win11 Acer apps if available such as QuickAccess, CareCenter & VeroSense which may have better battery controllers than the Microsoft generic app. You may already have them installed by searching Windows start menu for Acer VeroSense, etc.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓

Go to this link. Enter your Vero's full model number in the drivers and manual section, for example AV14-51. And download the updated Win11 Acer apps if available such as QuickAccess, CareCenter & VeroSense which may have better battery controllers than the Microsoft generic app. You may already have them installed by searching Windows start menu for Acer VeroSense, etc.

Jack E/NJ

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@Shvitzer2000

Try windows x 

go to device manager 

expand Battery

right click on all the items below battery – uninstall 

Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Shvitzer2000

thanks for the answers! I know have a question regarding charging with a battery pack!

• JackE

>>>>I know have a question regarding charging with a battery pack!>>>

What question do you have?

You should allow the battery to charge to 100% instead of trying to limit it to 80% or lower. Limiting the battery to less than 100% does little or nothing to help the battery life. Only make the user feel batter. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• Shvitzer2000

I want to buy a USB battery, like the Anker 737...use a USB-C to barrel coverter to charge or power my Vero! I currently have a battery pack with 27watt max usb-c out, but the Vero doesn't like it..I'm not sure if the usb-c-dc convertor has PD in it

• JackE

What is your full vero model number? For example the AV15-51 does NOT support USB-C PD.

USB-C power banks usually need to negotiate voltage & current amounts with a PD-capable USB-C port. Normal barrel jack charging ports can't negotiate with the power bank. So it won't deliver any power through a USB-C to barrel plug converter. Sorry.

Jack E/NJ

• Shvitzer2000

I want to charge it through the standard power port NOT the USB-C port... It works with a 55W USBC charger

• JackE

Sorry, as mentioned in my previous post, standard barrel jack charging ports/jacks can't negotiate voltage & current limits with USB-C power banks through a passive USB-C to barrel plug jack/ port adapter.

Accordingly, the USB-C power bank won't deliver any power whatsoever to the standard barrel jack/port.

Jack E/NJ

• Shvitzer2000

Happy to report my VeekToMX USB battery with 55W output , model VT202, worked as a battery charger for my Apire Vero using a PD USBC female-to-1.0 Acer barrel convertor I bought off Ebay.

I can charge the battery via my laptop charger or Solar panels! No I can use the Vero 100% off grid for at least 1 full charge or an extra few hours on top of the crappy internal battery!