Please take a look at this abnormal drain in battery capacity of my laptop A715-41G

Abhi1016
Abhi1016 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Recently, I felt like my battery drained way too fast than usual so I opened my Acer care center and ran a quick check on my battery and it said attention required...so when I looked into the battery report I found this (please look at the image of the battery report below)... Please help me with this situation and suggest something...

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,871 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023

Reset your laptop by taking the main battery, bios battery and ram out (clean the ram port pins, fans, vents and even repaste the cpu gpu while you are doing all this also) then leave everything disconnected for 15min and reconnect and reboot laptop, this should reset the battery and laptop and your battery should charge and work perfectly, also update the bios from version 1.02 to the last bios version 1.03 but make sure that your laptop is performing 100% and is not susceptible to crashes or BSODs and turn all anti virus, malware and any software that is running before you flash to the new bios version.

• Abhi1016
    Abhi1016 Member Posts: 2 New User

How to update bios? And will it solve my problem ?

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited February 2023

Abhi1016,

to update the BIOS, download the latest BIOS version from the support site of your model.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=Aspire%20A715-41G&filter=global_download&suggest=A715-41G;1

To start the installation, copy the exe file to a folder and follow the instructions on the screen.

Important: Keep your machine plugged in during installation process. The battery charge level should be at least 50%. Don't touch any key during installation and don't interrupt power supply.

• cfcs
    cfcs Member Posts: 1 New User

CFCS is a mobile application development service with experience in iOS app development services. If you are looking to hire iOS app development company to bring your iOS app idea to life, we can help on it.

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon

@Abhi1016,

the wear level of your battery is nearly 86%. A second way to check wear level is to download hwinfo and have a look at the wear level of your battery at the left side of the smart battery menu. If this value is confirmed, you need a new battery.