powering Acer Aspire Vero via external battery pack. Is it possible?

Shvitzer2000
Shvitzer2000 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter

Hi there,

I would like to take my Vero off-grid and power it via a USB-C battery pack. Is this possible?

I understand there is a USB-C port for data only, but is there some sort of way I can hack the charger/AC power pack for the Vero to plug into a USB-C battery pack (like an Anker product)

Thanks!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023

Check this information:

AV15-51

AV15-52:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shvitzer2000

Hola,

Thank for the answer, yes, I was aware of this as I have the the 15-51, I was wondering if there is another workaround, or the Acer power pack that can be plugged into a battery..the only option is to get an expensive rechargeable battery with a mains port.

• I think there is no other way.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Shvitzer2000

Hola!

I got a USB-C to 1mm converter, and is doesn't work chargining with USB-C power

HOWEVER, If I plug my 120w USB-C Apple charger wit 1.0 barrel adapter into the AC plug on the Solar Power Bank, it works.

It's a real bummer that the Aspire can't take USB-C power via a 1.mm barrel adaptor, despite having a 120W rating!

• Shvitzer2000

Can a 50w recharably battery pack charge if you use a USB-C to barrel (1.0) converter?

• Shvitzer2000

Happy to report my VeekToMX USB battery with 55W output , model VT202, worked as a battery charger for my Apire Vero using a PD USBC female-to-1.0 Acer barrel convertor I bought off Ebay.

I can charge the battery via my laptop charger or Solar panels! No I can use the Vero 100% off grid for at least 1 full charge or an extra few hours on top of the crappy internal battery!

100% possible!