Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 Laptop Webcam not working.

EternaL1211
EternaL1211 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Nitro Gaming

My Laptop(Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54) Webcam has stopped working and the driver for the camera is also missing as you can see in the above image. I've been looking for a solution for months but not found any.

Even tried looking for drivers but no luck anywhere (I've searched acer device drivers, windows update, searched every website, even reset the laptop). Now I'm lost and looking for solution, maybe here

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,006 Pathfinder

@EternaL1211

Try to download the driver from the below link

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/drivers 

If still have issue . check the below thread and try the steps

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/606915/camera-is-not-working-model-no-nitro-an515-54

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Did this issue occur after a windows update? This problem may also be related to the edp cable!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • txd96y
    txd96y Member Posts: 2 New User

I have had the same error message on my Nitro5 after I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11.

I tried so many things that unfortunately didn't help.

I fixed the issue by re-installing Windows 11 from scratch.

• QueenPip
    QueenPip Member Posts: 1 New User

I have this issue today with a Logitech C290 Pro - in fact this is the second Nitro5 I've had because everytime I plug this webcam in it knocks out my audio & camera - I had 1.5 hours with Microsoft support in December to try & fix it - in the end I got a new laptop replaced - but this is STILL causing me issues (although at least with this one I can just remove it & it works again - the last one it knocked it out for good). I really don't want to have to install Win 11 AGAIN - does anyone recommend any webcams that DO work with Nitro5 & Win 11?