HELP please. trouble installing windows after Linux was installed AP714-51T

Options
tommy2022thefro
tommy2022thefro Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Windows 10

First off this is something that happened because i wasnt paying attention . i was trying install linux on a external hard drive but i completely forgot to check a few things and was left with linux as as my new os. the problem occurs when trying to reinstall windows. i have tried to use ventoy to reinstall, windows media creation tool, i have burrnt iso to flash drive with rufus and i always get the same error about missing drivers. so i downloaded all the drivers o could for my computer via acer website and unzipped them i have tried putting on usb with windows and seperate usb as well it never seems to be a le to find them i guess. https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?filter=productdetails&search=NX.A2QAA.001;AP714-51T heres a link to the details about the computer i am currently using

[Edited the thread to add model name and issue detail to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

The problem you are having is that you haven't got and are instilling the "IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver version 18.1.1.1033" after you have formatted the boot drive, then you need to load the USB and click on "Load driver" with the IRS driver and install that as you can't proceed with the install without this driver,. Then finish the install, make sure all windows updates are done, install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan to have the latest Intel drivers and make sure that you also have the NVidia latest graphics driver for your AP714-51T

• tommy2022thefro
    tommy2022thefro Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I've tried to do load drivers when I navigate to the folder where they should be it's empty. I've tried adding them onto the installation USB and it was a the same thing. What am I doing wrong? I tried leaving in the .zip PKG and then I unzipped and created a separate folder for every driver , still they didn't show then I tried to dump all the contents of every zip in a single file and that didn't work either . Do I need to add drivers to ISO? I found a article about how to do such a thing believe I can follow along with the Ii instructions it gives.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    • You need to download and extract this driver: IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Data: 2021/04/20Versão: 18.1.1.1033Fornecedor: IntelTamanho: 4.45 MBBaixar

The vmd controller needs to be enabled in the bios. Go to main tab, press ctrl+s and activate vmd controller:

You may need to update the bios:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)