Acer Nitro 5 AN515-5 Bulging on the bottom of keyboard!

TMAlexandru
TMAlexandru Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello guys!

I own an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 for about 4 years and recently I noticed that above the F9 - Pg Up the case is bulging. I thought that the battery is the problem but as far as I know the battery area is near the trackpad area. I think is important to mention that when I play games or when I work with some kind of programs that requires more energy or power, that zone that is now bulging, is literally burning so I can not touch it. The situation with the overheating I have experienced till the first day when I bought it.

So, what could it be? Has anyone experienced this kind of problem?

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,312 Trailblazer

Your issue is from an overheating chip that needs to be looked at and diagnosed, take your AN515-52 to a technician that has a heat gun and experience and all the tools to fix this issue and can pinpoint which chip is overheating and causing this issue to your laptop and keyboard. As and if your keyboard is bent then the heat will cause allot of damage if its not fixed and you will be up for a new mobo.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,054 Pathfinder

@TMAlexandru the laptop might be overheating for a long period of time causing the keyboard deformation. Try to get the laptop cleaned and replace the thermal paste.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!