H23GHL Monitor backlight working but display not showing anything

Options
UserName112321
UserName112321 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

My Acer Monitor Model No: H236HL (version: H236HL bid) has suddenly stopped displaying anything, despite the backlight working.

I've read quite a few threads on this issue but most seem to be inconclusive, or assume that the issue is with the cords somehow, but to be clear, the power is working, but nothing shows on the display including what would usually show while there is no active active connection.

A few threads had suggested this might be due to a power overload, and so I unplugged it and waited a week, checking intermittently to see if things had changed. For the first time today I got the display working for about 30 minutes, before the monitor regressed.

Any ideas?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options

Shut both PC and monitor off. Then turn monitor on first. Wait a minute or so to complete boot process. Then turn PC on.

Jack E/NJ

• UserName112321
    UserName112321 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi Jacke, the issue is not with the connection to the PC, I've booted the monitor by itself many times but the display independent of the PC doesn't even show up.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>despite the backlight working.>>>I've booted the monitor by itsel>>>

Do you mean the display is lit up white or light gray when turned on by itself? Or is it just normal backlight bleeding?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

Do you see the Acer splash screen while the monitor boots up? If it's not showing then the issue is likely in the monitor itself. If it shows up fine but you don't get a desktop then it's more likely in the connection.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.