Acer enduro not charging randomly and now It won't turn on the light for charging.

Options
Solinity
Solinity Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2023 in Acer Software

So apparently my acer enduro stopped charging randomly and now It wont turn on the light for charging, it turns on but I can’t charge it please help immediately

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023
    Options

That could be issues with either the DC port and cable that connects to the mobo or its a mosat in the power charging stage of your laptop which needs to be diagnosed by a technician, you can't fix these internal circuitry mosat, capacitor problems as you need the proper tools, and also and if this problem is within these mosats that governs power to the gpu or cpu then this could be critical as your laptops mobo might need replacing, as a cpu or gpu can't be replaced if its shorted out and a mosat allowed to much current into either the cpu or gpu. The only thing that you can change, and fix is if the DC cable/plug and port is faulty, that you can change for a new one, if the problem is there?

• Solinity
    Solinity Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

It’s probably not a internal problem more so the plug, it charges when the plug is angled weird

• StevenGen
    Options

Then its the DC port at the side of the laptop, get a fine pointed picking tool and bend the outside negative pins inward so that the charger pug makes contact with the negative part of the charger plug when plugged into the DC port, or change the DC port/cable/plug for a new one if its damaged beyond repair, its an easy job to do.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

If you can give us your full model number (it should be on the same sticker as your serial number) we can lookup part numbers...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.