I'm trying to change my secure boot from custom to standard I can't change its greyed out.

Options
Dip_Barua
Dip_Barua Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Windows 11

I'm trying to change my secure boot from custom to standard. Using Acer spin series. bios set to UEFI. I can't change it to standard since it's greyed out. p.s: my secure boot is enabled in bios system. What can I do?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

This is what you do:

Enable or Disable Secure Boot on an Acer notebook.

Secure Boot is a feature designed to prevent malicious software and unauthorized media from loading during the boot process. This option is enabled by default but can be turned off in UEFI / BIOS. Use the instructions below to enable or disable secure boot.

1.   Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to completely shutoff your computer.

2.   Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS.

3.   Use the right arrow key to select Security.

4.   Use the down arrow key to highlight Set Supervisor Password and press Enter.

5.   Create a password and press Enter. Retype the password to confirm and press Enter again.

6.   Use the right arrow key to select Boot.

7.   Press the down arrow key to select Secure Boot and press Enter.

8.   With the arrow key, highlight Disabled and press Enter.

9.   Press the F10 key and select Yes to save the changes and exit the BIOS.

NOTE: We suggest removing the supervisor password immediately after enabling Secure Boot. If you choose not to remove your supervisor password, make sure you write it down for future use.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Which notebook model do you have? The full model number is on the same sticker as your serial number. Different models often have very different BIOS settings.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.