X34GS monitor - USB Port Selection

Options
Zueritram
Zueritram Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 24 in Predator Monitors

Hi Acer Team

I have an X34GS monitor with a webcam connected to it. The monitor setting "USB Port Select" provides me with a manual selection to which port the external devices (like my webcam) should be presented (either USB-C or USB-B). Sometimes I work with my notebook, connected through USB-C and sometimes with my desktop, connected through USB-B + Display Port. Going every time to the monitor menu and change the port slection type, to have my external device (webcam) mounted to the correct port, is not really handy.

Is there an item on the road map, where I could map the port selection to a input port, like I think Dell made this possible? Therefore I could set, when there is video signal coming from the USB-C, then map the external devices to that port. If the video signal is coming from Display Port 1, then map the external devices to the USB-B port.

A workaround would be, that the Acer Display Widget would be capable of changing this setting quicker.

Thanks for any feedback.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

>>>Is there an item on the road map, where I could map the port selection to a input port, like I think Dell made this possible?>>>A workaround would be, that the Acer Display Widget would be capable of changing this setting quicker.>>>

Sorry. We're not Acer employees or developers here, only Acer users like you trying to help other Acer users. So like the rest of us, you have to keep checking the Acer Downloads site for any updates that might allow using the PC instead of the OSD since we have no way of knowing when or even if any such feature will appear. Since the last updates on anything in the downloads is almost 2 years old, with the last widget update 4 years old, I wouldn't hold much hope for anything new coming anytime soon.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

>>>Is there an item on the road map, where I could map the port selection to a input port, like I think Dell made this possible?>>>A workaround would be, that the Acer Display Widget would be capable of changing this setting quicker.>>>

Sorry. We're not Acer employees or developers here, only Acer users like you trying to help other Acer users. So like the rest of us, you have to keep checking the Acer Downloads site for any updates that might allow using the PC instead of the OSD since we have no way of knowing when or even if any such feature will appear. Since the last updates on anything in the downloads is almost 2 years old, with the last widget update 4 years old, I wouldn't hold much hope for anything new coming anytime soon.

Jack E/NJ

• Zueritram
    Zueritram Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi Jack

Thanks for your feedback. Was hoping that the forum is moderated by Acer as well.

Anyway, thanks for your helpful feedback.

Cheers

• JackE
    Options

Moderated yes. But usually not by those who'd have any further info on this. You however can try by sending a PM to any of the moderators by clicking on the first few 'who's online' emojis with names preceded by " Acer-". For example "Acer-Samuel" seems to be on duty today.

Jack E/NJ

• NishKebab
    NishKebab Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I want to add a +1 to this. It is really incovienent to swap between my desktop and work latptop and this feature would make the monitor flawless.

• JackE
    Options

As mentioned earlier, you can try to send a PM to a moderator like @Acer-Ingrid who seems to be on duty today Ask her to add your +1. Refer to this thread.

Jack E/NJ

• Efreeto
    Efreeto Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I do this literally every day, switching between my work PC and gaming PC, because I want to continue using the same mouse and keyboard. I would even appreciate having just a shortcut for this. If Acer actually did this, I might become their fanboy for life.

I get that Acer is very unlikely to fix this or even notice this even if I sent a PM, but I just created an account to post here. Thank you Jack and others here for raising the right issue and helping to make the community better.

• JackE
    Options

https://community.acer.com/en/profile/Efreeto > > I get that Acer is very unlikely to fix this or even notice this even if I sent a PM, but I just created an account to post here. > >

Send a PM to @Acer-Ingrid anyway. 🙂 She should be on duty tomorrow.

Jack E/NJ