Acer Spin 713 - internal display no longer recognized

BillyTarter
BillyTarter Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I frequently plug my Acer spin 713-2w into my TV using an HDMI cable. I do this in order to display streaming video on my big screen TV. A couple of nights ago I left it plugged in overnight to the external tv, and when I woke up it would no longer recognize the internal display nor even provide the internal display as an option under the "Displays" settings. It's as though the internal display no longer exists at all. Only the external TV is listed as an option. The Chromebook itself continues to function fine via that external HDMI display.

I have Power washed; that didn't fix it unfortunately.

I have disassembled the internal display very carefully to check the display cables; none were loose and nothing appeared amiss.

At this point my strong suspicion is that nothing's wrong mechanically or electronically, only that the system has somehow "lost" the internal display or "forgotten" it, and just needs to be reminded to look for it again. Any idea how to do this?

Out of warranty (it was a refurbished unit) and anyway I live in Central America now so I don't think I can take it to an Acer office. Heck, I don't even know if a local computer repair shop could fix it for ANY price (due to the non-standard screen) so I'm clutching at straws for any solution so it's not just a total loss. Love this Chromebook, it was not cheap, and I've only had it like 9 months.

Answers