Brand new monitor SA240Y - Grainy image, subtle vertical lines on display

Options
Zaal
Zaal Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer monitor: SA240Y Bbmipux IPS 24".

Brand new, seems like a great product and works perfectly - except for the image quality. Grainy quality, subtle vertical lines down the entire display, especially blue areas.

I've tried all the settings, colour profiles, etc. I've tried HDMI and USB-C cables, new and old. I've tried different ports. I've tried restarting the computer. I have my old monitor (also IPS 24") side by side to compare, no such issue there.

The issue is quite obvious to the human eye (my wife can see it without her glasses) but hard to take pictures of.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,756 Pathfinder
    Options

@Zaal

Try to unplug all the wires that goes to the monitor. Than press and hold the power button on the monitor for 30 seconds, than turn on the monitor.

If you still see those vertical lines than it could be hardware issue but also try updating the display drivers.

If you still have issue either you can return the unit to the store or call Acer support. Below is the link to contact Acer support

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Zaal
    Zaal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for the reply @Jack22. Sadly this did not fix the problem, so I have sent an email to Acer to try to get help there.

FYI: the link you provided doesn't work any more. (I found the local version without too much trouble by googling, so no worries.)

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,756 Pathfinder
    Options

@Zaal

Try calling the Acer support or if you have the replacement warranty with the store. you can get a replacement from where you got the monitor.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!