acer an715-51 I need help to find a solution to connect 2 monitors

Options
Alex96
Alex96 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Monitors

I have an acer an715-51 with usb-c but it is not capable of video signal and HDMI and I want to connect 2 monitors to it via usb c with a docking station to hdmi, will it work? Do I need that docking to have 2 hdmi slots or will one monitor go to the docking station and one connected to hdmi?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,801 Pathfinder
    Options

@Alex96 you might need a USB 3.0 to HDMI in order to use the second external monitor

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

So the Nitro AN715-51 models don't support DP Alt Mode on the USB-C port, so the cheap adapters will not work for a display. The more expensive dock types that generate their own video signal will work to give you another display, but the performance will be better for desktop work not for gaming. The port isn't Thunderbolt, so you can't use an eGPU on it. There are lots of docking stations that will work however, and choosing one that us USB 3.0 will means it's not relying on DP Alt Mode (a lot of the off brands don't tell you it's needed). You can put one monitor on the HDMI port on your Nitro and the second on the dock, or both on the dock. It totally depends on your usage. Here is the dock I have on my Predator, but it's overkill for your use I think: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Q3JLB94

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.