Acer Chromebox CX13 keeps locking up and dropping wifi connection

lenberman
lenberman Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought mu CX13 Chromebox in 2020 and up to now it has worked flawlessly. Now when I use it I am constantly restarting, locked up, or dropping the wifi connection. I have powerwashed the computer 3 times to no avail.

Len

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer

Hello!!

@lenberman,

I understand that you have rebooting & wifi dropping issues with your Chromebook. As you have already tried Power Wash and issue persists, I recommend you to try installing Chrome OS using a USB drive. Follow the below steps to do OS Re-installation.

Step 1: Collect these devices:-

• The Chromebook where you face issues with.
    • Another Chromebook, or a Windows or Mac computer with Chrome browser installed.
    • A USB flash drive that can hold at least 8 GB, and that you don't mind erasing.

Step 2: Download a new copy of the OS:-

On the working computer, not the Chromebook with the error:

1. If you're using a Mac or Windows computer:
      1. Install Chrome.
      2. Open Chrome 
      3. .Install the recovery extension.
    2. To open the recovery extension:
      1. At the top right of your browser window, click Extensions 
      2. Select the Chromebook Recovery Utility extension. If the extension popup doesn't automatically appear on your screen, make sure it's turned on.
    3. Insert your USB flash drive into the working computer.
    4. Click Continue.
    5. Click Select a model from a list, or type in the model number of the Chromebook you want to recover. To find this number, look at the bottom of the error message on your Chromebook screen.
    6. Click Get started.
    7. In the dropdown menu, choose your USB flash drive.
    8. Click Continue 
    9.  Create now.
    10. When you get a message that your recovery media is ready, remove your USB flash drive from the computer.

Step 3: Begin recovery:-

On the Chromebook with the error, select Recover using external disk and follow the on-screen instructions. 

Make sure the recovery extension is turned on:-

1. On your computer, open Chrome Chrome.

2. At the top right, click Extensions and then Manage extensions.

3. Next to “Chromebook Recovery,” toggle the switch to the right.

4. Optional: You can also click Details and toggle the switch to the right.

5. Once the extension is on, in the extension panel in your browser, click on the extension to open the popup.

6. Optional: If you use the extension frequently, you can pin it Pin (keep).

Hope this works.

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)