Suddenly my system temp seems to be strangely high now it's around 70c at a minimum

Options
monreric
monreric Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2023 in Predator Laptops

For the past few weeks, my system temp seems to be strangely high. It used to be pretty in line with my CPU/GPU temps, but now it's around 70c at a minimum. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• monreric
    edited January 2023
    Options

For whatever reason, disabling the Killer Gigabit Ethernet Adapter lowered the temp significantly.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,812 Pathfinder
    Options

@monreric disabling the Ethernet driver is one of the ways to reduce the stress on the chipset. High system temperature usually occurs if many USB device is attached or adding another NVMe SSD. You can also try to add the heatsink on the chipset to reduce the temperature.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • monreric
    Options

@AnhEZ28 is there a heatsink that you know would fit? Or would adding a thermal pad help at all? It seems to be this chip here located under the left side nvme slot. I have since relocated my SSD to the right side to keep it from getting hot from the overheating chip.