AMD Video Card Support

TonyMaxBirt
TonyMaxBirt Member Posts: 3 New User

Looking at the requirements of a RTX 2080ti or above. Is there any chance of future AMD Graphics card support? I have a 7900 xtx.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer

Depends on what you're tryng to put it in? The 7900xtx uses about twice the power of the 2080ti; also almost an inch longer, inch higher and half inch thicker.

Jack E/NJ

• TonyMaxBirt

Apologies, Ill correct my question. AMD 7900 xtx support for Acer Spatial Labs View screen. Requirements say a Nvidia RTX 2080 or above, which makes me think the screen works with Nvidia cards only? thanks

• JackE
    1. What screen model? For example ASV15-1b?
    2. What PC are you trying to drive it with? A laptop? Desktop?
    3. Could you reveal your PC manufacturer and model number in which the 7900xtx GPU card or chip is installed?

Jack E/NJ

• TonyMaxBirt

Hi Jack

Thanks for replies and help.

1. Acer SpatialLabs View Monitor - ASV15-1B
    2. I have a desktop PC. Windows 11 (22H2), Gigabyte B550 Motherboard, 64GB DDR4 Ram, AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , AMD Radeon 7900 xtx.

The advertising and spec sheet I see for the ASV15-1B show requirements of the Nvidia RTX 2080 ti or above with no mention of AMD, which makes me think it only works with a Nvidia GPU and Nvidia drivers.

Tony

• JackE

I think they're only suggested or recommended minimum GPU capability requirements. Not absolute. The xtx seems more capable than the 2080ti. So I think more depends on if your setup can handle the GO ultra 3D software package that allegedly goes along with the monitor. It sounds like your system can handle it to me. However, I suggest that you click on the link below to join the spatial users community and pose a few questions before taking the plunge. I've also included a very recent review. A lot of hype but few details on what'll work with it and what won't. Definitely bleeding edge hardware and software tech with emphasis on the latter. Software still seems like a work in progress and not yet ready for prime time.

https://www.cnet.com/videos/hands-on-acers-3d-stereoscopic-screen/#ftag=CADf328eec

Jack E/NJ

• Kano3D
    Kano3D Member Posts: 1 New User

You can always buy it, and if it doesn't work, use your rights for returning it, explaining the reason, so if it doesn't work they will work to improve to support it. But I guess it won't be any problem, as other stereoscopic drivers already support both brands of graphic cards (and they will likely also work with the upcoming mid-range Intel graphic cards).

• JackE

That's OK if you're confident that the vendor/seller has a reasonable return merchandise authorization (RMA) policy. Check before plunging --- aka do your own due diligence. No one here can do this for you or give you 100% guarantees this thing will work to your complete satisfaction or beyond your wildest imagination. 😮

Jack E/NJ

• PinkieAnomaly
    PinkieAnomaly Member Posts: 5 New User

not quite fast enough to run with out getting a real video card, current video card is the video card that's part of the cpu, upgrading to 7900 xtx video card the only thing that's currently useable is sbs 3d video play back and it glitches, 2d to 3d is to glitchy to use, and all the games play at a unplayable frame rate

system setup

ASRock X670E PG Lightning, amd ryzen 7 7700x, 16 gb ddr 6000, 1 tb WD black M.2, acer spatial labs view monitor

• BBop
    BBop Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I have the ASV15-1B and a Laptop with AMD R9-6900HX and AMD RX 6800S (Asus ROG Zephyrus G14). Because there seems to be no information in the inet, i can tell you this works very well! 👍️

• JackE

https://community.acer.com/en/profile/BBop

i can tell you this works very well!

Thank you for your report!!! Have fun with it!🙂

Jack E/NJ