I am not able to get 4k in amazon prime in Acer VG280K monitor with macbook air m1 2020

Options
Rakhee
Rakhee Member Posts: 5 New User

I am connecting MacBook air M1 2020 with 4k supported HDMI to HDMI 2.0 of monitor. I am using the original apple connector. But still, I am not able to get 4k in the prime video. Can some experts explain me how to solve the issue

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

When you say in prime, do you mean just on the streaming service, or the monitor resolution through the mac

• Rakhee
    Options

I mean the monitor resolution via mac. I am using firefox when I log into prime video.in, I can see HD 1080 on my mac. But when i cast the same on the monitor via proper HDMI and genuine apple connector, I could not see the resolution. Prime video is not scaling to 4k the moment when i move my firefox browser on the mac to the monitor

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options

Within the apple display settings , have you set the resolution to 4k? By default apple rreys to guess but it could have chosen the wrong one

• Rakhee
    Options

Yes- I have configured all the resolutions. But I am still not able to get the same. I have set the configurations right in the MAC. The title is also available at UHD. But still, I am not able to get the HD version when I cast the prime video to monitor from mac (firefox browser).