Can not delete browser data on Acer 317 CB317-1H-C994

Options
BlueJean33756
BlueJean33756 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited January 2023 in Chromebooks

Hello,

I can not delete the browser data on my 5 month old Acer 317 . I know "HOW TO" delete the browser data, but the 2.3 GB of browser data just sits there after I have done all the steps to delete it. It does not budge at all. My laptop is up to date on updates. My laptop is now possibly getting a bit laggy, and I need to delete this browser data to maximize speed a bit.

CB317-1H Model Name: CB317-1H-C994 | Part Number: NX.AQ2AA.001 

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Try Disk cleanup and delete also the system files except your downloads where you might have important files, as this should be done regularly.

• BlueJean33756
    BlueJean33756 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

How do I clean a disk?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Yeah, ignore those... Disk Cleanup is a Windows thing, not Chromebook. Are you selecting the Cached Image and File option when clearing data?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jeann
    jeann Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i had this same problem, i could not delete browser data. Like you, i also knew HOW to delete it, but it never worked. I called the Acer help lline, and eventually, someone there told me to try the delete steps from the settings pinwheel in the TOP LEFT corner drop down menu. I had previously been using the settings menu found in the my lower right hand area by the clock.
    That worked. The settings in lower right hand menu still will not delete browser data, but the one in the upper right hand corned will. Hopefully, that works for you.