TPM Acer Extensa 15 EX2510-57XN laptop support tpm 2.0?

Options
WaleedRao
WaleedRao Member Posts: 3 New User
This discussion was created from comments split from: TPM Acer Extensa 15 EX215-51G laptop support tpm 2.0?.

Answers

• WaleedRao
    WaleedRao Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 2023
    Options

I have acer extensa 2510 with serial number :NXEEXEK002XXXX

And i am facing the same issue that there is no option to select tpm under security tab, that this means my laptop does not support tpm?

Moreover the window 10 was not loading in UEFI boot mode so i had to load window 10 in legacy boot mode. I don't understand that because Microsoft recommends to load window 10 and 11 in UEFI boot mode. Can anyone tell me about it?

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information]

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

The Extensa 2510 series has 4th gen Intel chipsets, so whether it has TPM or not is really a moot point, since it doesn't support Windows 11 at all. If your drive is setup as an MBR drive then you will have to run Windows with a legacy boot, it needs to be a GPT drive in order to use UEFI. Since the system came originally with Windows 8.1, it was initially setup for UEFI.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

I would check the bios version:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)