acer kg271u monitor How do I get rid of the blue tint overall esp whites, bad banding in graduations

Options
ringdring
ringdring Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

acer kg271u monitor :How do I get rid of the blue tint overall esp in the whites ( normal warm, cool seettings all have a blue bias)? there is no white colour balance setting

, there are bad banding in graduations especially from hdmi input from tv set top box set at 1920 1080frame rate 50,

worse in graphics programs

like krita and gimp 16 bit format gradations show clear banding steps on a black and white gradation on an image 1920 by 1080

in 16 bit no gradation should show banding at all

i can assure you my old asus ve276 from 12 years ago had none of these faults, i brought your monitor to replace it

the monitor as it stands is unusable for gimp or krita or as a tv monitor.

the screen covering mesh gives all pictures a bad specly mulicoloured appearence especially on black and white web pages and makes type very hard to read

Answers

• ringdring

Tinkerer

Options

the mesh grill look you get looking at the acer kg271u i have since found out is not fixable, its part of the manufacturing process,

please see Acer KG271U Abmiipx Review

is it possible to download a software patch to fix the blue whites issues, and the bad banding in all gradations, i presume the tv input

1920 by 1080 50 frame rate issue might be due to down scaling by the acer monitor, but any news feeds programs with graduated backgrounds

show clear stepping and flickering when in movement,

i cant see how this monitor got passed the basic tests acer must have done in the factory when designing it.

• ringdring

Tinkerer

edited January 2023
    Options

after looking at the Acer KG271U Abmiipx Review.

i think the main problem with the monitor is the stick on grill mesh above the leds that makes a speckly fuzzy coloured dot that makes the screen overall

hard to look at especially type, if i use say a 16 bit gimp airbrush the gradation of the airbrush appears speckly and not smooth as a result if i compared to my old asus screen, honestly its shocking if an airbrush cannot appear smooth to the user at 16bit.

if you set the Acer KG271U to lower res say 1920 1080 the situation gets even worse everything is down sampled to a bad blur so it looks like a blown up 720 screen, all type and images are fuzzy bluured

ie way worse than any existing 1920 brand monitor, and this is what happens if you look at hdmi tv input 1920 1080 frame rate 50, its downsampled very badly

probably way less than 1920, so gives a very blurred image, bad gradations, and speckly jittery lines. tv animations are strobing like a fast shutter.

Honestly looking at this monitor the first thing you see is speckly coloured noise especially in the whites, gradations have wierd stepping every 10 pixels or so

banding noticeable on windows start up blue screen.

• ringdring

Tinkerer

Options

see comments about anti glare coating and the disastous effects it has on what should be an ok monitor

https://www.aperturegrille.com/reviews/AcerKG271U/

• ringdring

Tinkerer

edited January 2023
    Options

i felt i had to offload about the acer kg271u monitor and warn any other artists do not touch this monitor at all, in gimp or krita even at 16 bit the experience is like trying to draw thru a speckly coloured mesh any joy you had doing artwork on your old monitor will be gone as the antiglare film totally destroys any possibility of the user seeing the actual brush strokes they are making, yes its supposed to be higher res than 1920 at 2560 BUT the antiglare i presume ?stops you from actually seeing it......or maybe the leds are just [Content removed] i have spent 2 days looking for a reason not to go back to another 1920 monitor in some desperate attempt the acer kg271u monitor will improve, it may well be ok for gamers, for artists its totally unusable...in 2days its felt i am drawing at 720 even though the nvidia card says 2560 even looking at the type on this page surrounding the black type is a speckly multicoloured glow in the whites...how did acer manage it, well we played games but never looked at test cards i presume....i am not a gamer i do 3d in blender as well, just looking for a good all purpose monitor and the acer kg271u fails.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• ringdring

Tinkerer

edited January 2023
    Options

imagine you are in a car, someone sticks some clear plastic to the outside of the windscreen see all the coloured rippled distortion and glue patches well thats the Acer KG271U user artist experience....do i get a refund?

• ringdring

Tinkerer

Options

Please ignore all the above comments, i havent used a new monitor for 10 years and can see technology changes and the

good reasons for doing whatever you do, oldies getting used to new screens the youngies use this stuff so get used to it oldie,thanks acer continue the good work, hires is better and all is now working ok

• ringdring

Tinkerer

Options

day 3 Acer KG271U user artist experience...

i backtrack again all of what i have said is true with this Acer KG271U monitor, the antiglare coloured speckles is the only thing you will see using this monitor

its like speckles blotchiness floats above whatevers on screen and because its static glue i presume its annoying as hell, the down res to 1920 is very blurred and

splotchy its overall its so hard on the eyes i want to smash it to bits...acer seriously ask yourself what are you trying to do to your customers...

can i remove the antiglare screen and get a better monitor if so how do you do it?

• ringdring

Tinkerer

Options

Acer users get the full acer experience use the airbrush in gimp in 16 bit on any other monitor then try this Acer KG271U and wonder why you cant see the airbrush only Acer KG271U speckle sh.t....part posters video time 4.41 to 5.57 says why: Acer KG271U Abmiipx Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZLoyqhmwHA

• ringdring

Tinkerer

Options

DO NOT DO what is suggested in the video, but is shows the antiglare used is the problem with the Acer KG271U its the gluing that is bad!

it causes bad speckles lets you see the plastic thats causing the problem

I repeat i wont do this myself too risky just posted so acer takenote and change their antiglare film process in the future

• ringdring

Tinkerer

Options

lay down a solid medium blue colour in LITERALLY ANY DRAWING program in 16bit, any monitor SHOULD show a single hue

BUT the Acer KG271U antiglare speckly sheet SHOWS you the artist multiple shades including red and yellow blotches ranging from minute speckles to

large areas suspended above your blue patch, changing the resolution has no effect, the acer multicoloured patches stay in the same spot,

what you are seeing is the glue acer used on the antiglare layer glued on top of the leds...IE IT IS NOT FIXABLE AT ANY LEVEL BUT GLUED ON

DISASTER

• ringdring

Tinkerer

edited January 2023
    Options

what you are buying with the Acer KG271U is an antiglare speckly sheet GLUE that does not work at any level

• ringdring

Tinkerer

Options

day 4 user experience

Acer KG271U monitor start the computer see the antiglare glue speckles and splotches everyday theres no escaping what you wasted

your money on buying this junk. Change the glue need to be told again or do you want other angry customers who cant look at your monitors

suggest you get Acer KG271U Abmiipx Review to do your glue checks

literally how eaxctly are you supposed to look past the glue in the antiglare screen, any suggestions acer?

• ringdring

Tinkerer

Options

run out ideas just learn to live with it its just wierd on the eyes...such is life

• ringdring

Tinkerer

Options

run out ideas just learn to live with it its just wierd on the eyes...such is life

day5 well the screen is what it is is cheal hirez does the job still find the screen itself wierd hope to get used to it

maybe i was a bit negative to start or freaked out, so probably ok

• ringdring

Tinkerer

Options

day7 well the screen is a lot worse than i thought, if say you use a white airbrush over a bright cyan blue, with either a thin or fat airbrush

in gimp you literally cannot see the edges of your airbrush stroke behind the Acer KG271U monitor speckly antiglare glue pattern

• ringdring

Tinkerer

Options

i found a perfect description of what is wrong with the antiglare screen on the Acer KG271U monitor

literally 10 days in looking at this monitor makes you sick as your eyes are trying to see thru the antiglare shifting speckle pattern.

i quote

"I have now finally seen this Acer/Agon panel type (27" version) in store....

It is even worse, than described. You dont feel the 1440 resolution at all.

Spots of higher/lower brightness everywhere,

a feeling like grease spots under the antiglare coating foil.

The foil itself is "sparkling" because of giant grains

(which also slightly split light into rainbow colors too),

if feels like text moves, if you slightly move head during reading.

It has much pixel and higher density than my 12 years old 1080 screen,

BUT the between-pixel-distance is higher too,

making me see black lines at usual view distance. "

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/1643170269581914943/?l=greek