Is there a motherboard manual for the Acer aspire XC1760 desktop PC

I'm trying to find out the model of the motherboard for the Aspire XC1760 desktop pc I've just bought.

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Hello!!

@Chrissie39,

I understand that you are looking User manual for Motherboard. I could not locate any such User Manual. However, I found port details for Motherboard, which I have added below.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

Hello!!

@Chrissie39,

I understand that you are looking User manual for Motherboard. I could not locate any such User Manual. However, I found port details for Motherboard, which I have added below.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Chrissie39
    Chrissie39 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for you help Motherboard user manual. It might help if Acer had supplied one but with the diagram and key I can at least find my way around. I'm going to add a SSD and reinstall windows 11 on that as the normal hard drive is slow once one installs some apps. nice little computer though. I'm just upgrading my other computers for windows 11 so I thought I'd purchase this in the UK for another room.

Has anyone had any experience of installing a DVD drive for the XC 1760?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Heheh, the motherboard model on your XC-1760 is an Acer XC-1760 motherboard. Acer doesn't rebrand other manufacturers designs into their products typically. :) DVDs are easy, there should have been a couple of bits included in the box to mount one, the design uses a slimline drive and should have had a bezel, a small bracket and a couple of screws. You will need to provide your own SATA cable...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Zpiffy
    Zpiffy Member Posts: 1 New User

I know it is a LGA1700 board, but the information over is very basic..:

Does anyone know what kind of version the PCI Express slot is (4 or 5 if I'd like to upgrade with a better graphics card?), and what about the M.2-slot, does it support PCIE 4 SSD's?, and these RAM-slots - will these support DDR5 and at what (max?)MHZ?

Anyway, I'm mostly interested about the version/support for the PCIeX16 slot, as I'd like to buy a LP-graphic card to this mini-pc, if I can find a good one, that does not draw to much power from the PSU.. 

The Alder Lake H-series, P-series, and U-series chips - only support PCIe 4.0, I don't know about this one (ADL-S?) dough...

I know it's not a "gaming-computer" (and I'v got other PC's for that), but I'd like this small "Tv-pc" to have a little more "poke" in it (I'v already upgraded ram, not much faster - but more - 32GB).

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

The x16 slot is gen 4 and running directly off the CPU, the x1 is gen 3 running off the ICH-H (H610 chipset), as is the M.2 slot. Memory is DDR4, not DDR5.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.