Acer spin 513-2H keeps restarting randomly when browsing sites with embedded videos

johnfibarr
johnfibarr Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 2023 in Chromebooks

Our brand new Acer spin 513-2H Kompanio 1380 keeps randomly restarting when browsing sites with embedded videos. Mainly news websites such as the daily express and dailyn mail.

No extensions are loaded and chrome OS is updated to the latest versions Version 108.0.5359.111 (Official Build) (32-bit).

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• xperamis
    xperamis Member Posts: 87 Fixer WiFi Icon

Is your windows upto date ?

Go to settings -Windows Update and run the windows update check.

If any error is showing while updating, Go to settings -System -Troubleshoot-Other troubleshooters -Windows Update and click on run.

Click on 'Yes' for the question on bottom , if youre happy with my answer❤️

• johnfibarr

Tinkerer

Sorry should have said that it is a chromebook not a windows device

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer

Check to see if it has the latest version of the OS. Google often releases releases to fix bugs they introduced in the previous release. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • johnfibarr

Tinkerer

Thanks, yes I checked and it is on the latest version of the OS. However I have loaded the extension Adguard Adblocker which has a number of settings which so far have stopped the restarts. I think it is something to do with the number of pop up videos / adverts that is causing the issue. I will report back if this solves the problem.