Acer Aspire A514-53 Screen flashing only on first boot up and off repeatedly

Options
stevebadgery
stevebadgery Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hi there,

I have an Acer Aspire A514-53. when i first boot up and login the screen flashes on and off repeatedly.

However if I restart it then the screen boots up as normal and as long as i do not power off the Laptop, it will remain stable.

This happens everytime, I power up the Laptop.

Any help would be appreiated

Steve

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,770 Pathfinder
    Options

@stevebadgery

Go to device manager and uninstall the graphics driver and restart the unit, so that updated driver will be installed in the unit.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options

Does it also happen if you just go into the BIOS instead of letting Windows load?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • stevebadgery
    Options

No if I go into the Bios the screen does not flash. But when I exit the Bios it does, until I boot it again

• stevebadgery
    Options

I have did uninstall the display Driver and restarted the laptop. It seems to be OK. I will try it in the Morning, thanks 😊

• jagdish23074
    jagdish23074 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Still no success. Even after uninstalling display driver still the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options

Try fully uninstalling the display driver so the files are no longer there. The OS will then give you the Basic Display Adapter driver instead. Download and install the correct driver and reboot and any corrupted driver issues should be cleared.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kachilla
    kachilla Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

Should be the same as my  A514-53. Check the bios version if it is v1.16. The windows update might have automatically updated it to that version which is for  A514-54. The  A514-53 is still at v1.13. I just posted regarding this still waiting for reply

• dafirstbarbarian
    dafirstbarbarian Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Try disabling Vt-x and Vt-d in BIOS, the screen flashing problem occured to me a few months after i bought my laptop.

• jagdish23074
    jagdish23074 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Disabling VT-x and VT-d in Advance tab of BIOS fixed screen flashing issue in acer. Great solution provided by @dafirstbarbarian!

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,657 Trailblazer
    Options

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/14750-how-to-enable-virtualization-technology-on-acer-products

To use Hyper-V in W10-11 you need to keep the Intel VTX and Intel VTD settings enabled. You may need to press the Ctrl + S keys on some models to see these settings.

To fix the screen flashing uninstall the display driver in Safe Mode with DDU from Wagnardsoft or/and upgrade to W11.