Acer Nitro AN515-55 V2 Bluetooth headphones not connecting

GOIII
GOIII Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

I have not been able to connect any BT headphones to my laptop. I have an Acer Nitro AN515-55 V2.06 with Windows 11 Home (x64) Version 22H2 (build 22623.891). The headphones pair and connect but then it continues to switch between voice and connected and I cannot switch the output to the BT headphones. It's kind of a hard problem to explain, so I've attached a short video that shows the error (I sent it in a ZIP file since you do not allow MP4 files to be attached). I have also attached a Belarc Advisor report for the laptop.

I hope there is a solution! Not being able to connect BT headphones really sucks!

Thank you for any help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,480 Trailblazer

Make sure that you have ONLY the Acer BT driver Version:22.40.0.2 Date:2021/10/08 installed, first go to Device Manager >Bluetooth >Intel Wireless Bluetooth right click >Properties >Driver and see the BT driver version that you have, make sure that its the oem Acer driver version 22.40.0.2, if its not then proceed to Update Driver >Browse my computer for drivers >Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer and choose the oem Acer driver version 22.40.0.2 driver and install this driver, as this should work 100% and fix your problems. If that driver is not there then you have to completely uninstall all drivers and reinstall the oem Acer driver version 22.40.0.2 again.

Also, and if you have the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (which you should use for other Intel driver's updates in Win-11) do NOT allow this Intel software to update the BT drivers to any other version as they cause problems or don't work at all.

Btw, I have the exact same problems with my Nitro 5 AN515056 BT driver and my JBL LIVE650BTNC BT headphones as the Acer Intel oem driver is the only driver that works 100% and connects to my laptop in Win-11 latest version 22H2 OS build 22621.963, as no other and new Win-11 BT driver work for BT in this laptop. , With the Wi-Fi driver in Win-11 they work with new updates and the latest Win-11 drivers. Good luck and hope this helps you out as its a very annoying problem.