Acer TC-895 Adding A SSD 1000GB in a place of the original 3.5 Hard drive

Malc60UK
Malc60UK Member Posts: 8 New User

Hi

Can anyone help me out on this issue please?

I have a Acer TC-895 which i am trying to put a SSD in for the main drive which i want to do away with the main hard drive that it came with the system which is a hard drive 3.5.

I want to put in the place a SSD 2.5, i have tried this but having no luck, it will not recognize the SSD i have managed to get it to recognize to copy windows on, i took out the old main drive and replace it with the SSD, then i put my copy of windows 10 Pro in to the CD-ROM and copied it with no problems. The problem i'm having is that it will not boot, after i've done the necessary bits. after it done what it needs to do, it resets and just sits there with the Acer screen i'm not getting nothing up, very annoying due to me paying a serial code to use for my windows 10 pro, and can't use it due to this problem. Soon as i put the old main drive in and set it back to the right settings in bios it all works, now why can't my SSD work? It seems just a booting issue. The SSD i'm trying to use is a Crucial 1TB like i said the windows copied onto it but just will not boot. I don't want to format the old hard drive i want to keep it, just in case i fall into any problems. my sata leads are all working fine, they are new, i have even upgraded the memory to 32GB

Sorry if this don't explain correctly, i am not that good explaining by typing lol.

If anyone could help me with this i would really appreciate it by giving me step by step through sending it on here or to my email, then i can print it out and work with the instructions.

Kind regards

Malcolm

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Does the SSD show up in the ADVANCED SATA CONFIGURATION tab in the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Malc60UK

Hi

Yes it shows up in the bios but just will not boot, the only time it will work properly if i put the old hard drive back in, and of course setting back a few changes in the bios.

Just so weird for not operation on a SSD, windows copied on the SSD oh and in the bios it says Windows Bootable something like that.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Disconnect the OEM HD and then try to boot also did you install WIN PRO with the original HD removed ?

Just a thought.

• Malc60UK

Hi

What i did was removed the Old Hard drive OEM then replaced it with the SSD, then in bios i at to change it to Intel RST Premium then it came up with the option of me with installing windows, i did all that, then it copied the windows without any trouble. Then when when it resets it just sits there with the ACER logo screen.

And yes i installed Windows 10 Pro. On the old Hard drive it as Windows Home.

which i am still using, until i get the problem solved. I want to keep the original hard drive with the data on etc etc, just in case i happen to fail & have trouble.

Thank you

• Larryodie

When you say COPY ? Did you boot the CD/ROM from power off and install ?

You can't copy from one drive to another, you can clone ?

• Malc60UK

Yes what i did was took out the old Hard drive, and put my Sata Crucial 1TB in and then put CD-Rom of my windows 10 Pro then I did a change in the bios, then reset and then it copied my Windows 10 Pro, this is how i've been doing this since i've been using a PC. Now you say Clone? i don't want to clone a copy of Windows Home from the original Hard drive, i really hate Home, this is why i'm trying to use Windows 10 Pro a fresh install.

If i got to use clone then, i'll have to put up with what i'm using. Looks like the Acer is more in advance for me, i prefer the older way. I am totally lost now with all this changing :-(

Thanks for the help

• Malc60UK

Just letting you know it copied the windows onto my Sata Crucial 1TB without any problems. After it installed it came up on my destop with with a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro, i was exploring into my Computer, documents etc etc . As soon as i reset, it just sits there with the acer screen. Looks like a boot problem, but i've seem to set all the right settings. Just won't boot that's all. What ever the proplem is and i can't get my head round it.

• Larryodie
    edited December 2022

Maybe try the installation again ?

• Malc60UK

I have tried the installation again and it ask me for my Microsoft Account so i put my email and password of what i remembered and it boots up normal, but i am still running windows 10 Home. I did a fresh install again today with my CD Rom of windows 10 Pro. This is very strange.

I have read up and it says you can't install on disk 0 which it is installed to. I have attach a pic of my Computer Management.

I am really lost here don't have a dam clue in what's going on.

Thanks for all your tips, i really appricate it.

Regards

Malcolm

• Larryodie
  • Malc60UK

Ok it was on ACHI but i did try Intel RST Premium and that don't like it, it comes up on a blue screen saying error, so i switched it back to ACHI and it's working each time i reset :-) But ok i'm getting there at least i got it to boot, but not the windows i was hoping, i wanna put my windows 10 Pro on.

While i was in my bios i took a pic in my advanced and i don't think this looks right?

Cheers

• Larryodie

My Acer TC-UA92 is in UEFI mode.

I have a NV2-ME SSD factory installed and a store-bought 1TB SATA drive (non-bootable) installed.

This is getting above my intelligent level s someone else may be able to assist. Good Luck

But maybe try it in UEFI mode and re-install WINPRO ?

• Malc60UK

Mine was in UEFI Mode don't seem to see it now, i'll have a play with the bios, thanks for pointing this out.

I have got to say you have been so helpful, and i really do appreciate your time you've given to try to help my problem.

Thank you so much.

Kind regards

Malcolm

• Larryodie
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

The easiest way to switch between Home and Pro is as Larry suggests, just do the switch from Activation in Settings. You should be able to do a fresh install of Pro though, either way you will have to have an activation key for Pro, since your system has a Home license. I'm a little confused though, your Disk Management picture shows two disks, the 1TB you are trying to use for the system and a 4TB disk. Yet the BIOS screen only shows the 1TB. Which is correct? Is the 4TB an external drive? Your 1TB has the correct partitions for a normal UEFI install, though usually when Windows does it's thing it puts the 100MB EFI partition first and the 450MB recovery partition last.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.