Acer Aspire 3 Webcam flickering different colours when using zoom and sharing Youtube.

LaurenCM
LaurenCM Member Posts: 1 New User

I have had my Acer Aspire 3 for about 3 months and I am having problems with my webcam.

I use my laptop for teaching online and I noticed last week that when I use zoom and then share my screen with a Youtube video, my camera flickers different colours.

I have not had problems like this previously and nothing like this happens with skype or Microsoft teams. And it only happens when I share Youtube.

Please I need advise on how to fix this.

I have attached a picture, this one only shows green, but it's generally different colours.

Please advise.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer

I'd have first thought there was something over the lens, but since it's intermittent it's more likely either a corrupted driver or the camera itself, and I'd lean toward the camera. We need to know which of the hundreds of different Aspire 3 models you have in order to figure out which camera board is in there. If you are still in warranty then now would be a good time to open a ticket with Acer support. If you are out of warranty we can either step you through the process of replacement (fairly major since we'd be taking the display section apart) or you can take it to a technician to have it replaced. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as the serial number and it will likely look something like Axxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.