Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 5371 RTX 3050ti Code 43 Any solutions for that kind of problem?

Options
d0xiu
d0xiu Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
edited January 2023 in Windows 11

Well, hello there,

After upgrading from Windows 10 do Windows 11 I've started getting error code 43, I guess I tried everything:

-restoring windows

-loads of different nvidia driviers

-deleting drivers with DDU

-complete format and brand new windows 10

-changing mobo bios

-changing GPU bios

-loads and loads of other solutions which none of them worked.

Any solutions for that kind of problem? Fairly new laptop, bought second hand.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • d0xiu
    Options

Thanks for the replay, but I’ve check driver update before and after I change gpu bios and nothing helped

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

Go to this link Download, unzip and install the chipset driver update for whichever Windows version you have on there now.

Jack E/NJ

• d0xiu
    Options

I’ll check it out in a sec, if you’re right I’m gonna revolut you 50€.

• d0xiu
    Options

I wish that I could say that it worked, but not this time. Sorry.

• JackE
    Options

A long shot. The hidden Acer OEM Win10 reset partition may still be intact or accessible despite the generic Win11 & Win10 installs. Try this. Shut down the machine normally. Turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. Hopefully a factory OEM reset menu will appear.

Jack E/NJ

• d0xiu
    Options

No luck there

• JackE
    Options

OK. Nearly always happens after a generic install. Have you tried downloading & installing iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it can pick up any better drivers on line that play nicer with the generic install you have on there now?

Jack E/NJ

• d0xiu
    Options

No luck this time as well, it downloaded few updates, even tried to fix error code 43, but failed :<

I've bought pro version, but I'm gonna do "60 days money back"

• JackE
    Options

>>>I've bought pro version,>>>

Hold on! What was the original factory installed Windows version? Win10 Home? Something else?

Jack E/NJ

• d0xiu
    Options

Factory was 10 home, rolling back before update to 11 didn’t fix the problem. Now it’s running modified win 10 pro

• JackE
    Options

>>>Factory was 10 home, rolling back before update to 11 didn’t fix the problem>>>

How did you manage to rollback to the Acer OEM factory Win10Home? The OEM factory Win10Home and the Microsoft generic Win10Home are not the same?

Jack E/NJ

• d0xiu
    Options

Sorry, I meant rolling back to Microsoft Windows 10 home before upgrading to win 11

• JackE
    Options

Yes, but exactly how did you install or rollback Win10Home?

If it was by using the Microsoft USB media creation tool, it was NOT the Acer OEM factory Win10Home. The Microsoft and Acer versions of Win10Home are NOT the same. The ACER OEM factory version is on a hidden partition on the boot disk. It is only accessible by using the AcerCareCenter or the ALT+F10 cold boot method. Did you use either of those methods to install Win10Home factory version?

Jack E/NJ

• d0xiu
    Options

I used recovery option in win 11 that brings you to previous version. That didn’t fix the problem so I preformed clean Microsoft win 10 home install from usb, tried drivers, installing-uninstalling, YouTube fixes, mobo bios, gpu bios, no luck, another format and modified win 10 pro, again fun with drivers and nothing.

• JackE
    Options

>>>Sorry, I meant rolling back to Microsoft Windows 10 home before upgrading to win 11>>>

I'm missing something here. Did code 43 error happen when you were still on the original factory ACER OEM Win10 version? Meaning before Win10Pro? Before Win11? Before any changes whatsoever were made to the original Acer OEM Win10Home version, other than the usual automatic Win10Home updates.

Jack E/NJ

• d0xiu
    Options

No, error 43 happend after upgrading pre installed windows 10 to windows 11

• JackE
    Options

>>>I used recovery option in win 11 that brings you to previous version.>>>>>>error 43 happend after upgrading pre installed windows 10 to windows 11>>>

Do you recall how you got to --- and/or --- the procedure used to run the Win11 recovery option?

Jack E/NJ

• d0xiu
    Options

Hi, sorry for late replay, it was Just like on this ss

• JackE
    Options

I think the keyword here is 'Try'. This rarely works perfectly in my experience. And almost always interferes with access to the original ACER OEM factory reset partition. Two questions. First, are you absolutely sure the code 43 error didn't appear immediately before you installed Win11? Second, do you still have the Acer Care Center and Acer Quick Access apps installed in the Windows start menu?

Jack E/NJ