Acer Care Center not working, won't start, can't uninstall how can I fix this?

Allaedila
Allaedila Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Acer Software

My Acer Care Center is not working. It keeps the circling dots going endlessly and never starts. Other threads have advised uninstalling it and getting it from Microsoft Store but I could not do this. I tried to uninstall it but it says it can't uninstall. When I searched for it in Microsoft Store I did not find it, just a bunch of random programs with "Care" or "Center" in the name.

I installed and ran CCleaner recently, could this be the cause of the problem? Also, my windows updater hasn't been working either. Every time I try to update Windows it says it's unable to complete and undoes all the changes.

What is wrong and how can I fix this?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• @Allaedila

Sometimes a simple system restore will fix the issue.. 

Try windows x

click on power shell admin or command prompt admin 

type rstrui

chose an earlier date on which your computer was working fine  

click on next, finish, yes

It will restore your computer to an earlier date 

if you get an message - system restore not completed - click on close 

It will show you all the icons..

Try and check whether it is working now ..

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• @Allaedila

If it is still not working..

Go to support.acer.com 

chose your country 

type snid or chose your model 

go to drivers  - application

Install the Acer care center

It will work fine

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Yes, the issue causing your problems with updates could esily also cause the problem with Acer Care Center. You don't want to install it form the Microsoft Store, even if there is a version there, since they have different versions for different models. Download it from the Acer support site, under the Applications tab in Drivers. But first, let's try and deal with the real problem... Try running a CHKDSK on your system volume, my guess is that it has errors which cause some types of writes to fail. If it's not that, report back and we'll dig in deeper.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Allaedila
    Allaedila Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for your help, everyone. Running CHKDSK didn't fix the issue, but removed some other errors from my hard drive, and it was good to learn about this functionality. A couple of days ago the problem spontaneously ceased - my computer finally managed to update and Acer Care Center started working again. This makes me think that perhaps Microsoft made a mistake in the update code and recently fixed it? Well, all's well that ends well.

• bluepen61
    bluepen61 Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Sometimes the service ACCStd isn't running because of some friendly cleanup/optimizer and reinstalling Acer Care Center doesn't recreate the task to start. You may have to manually start this to see if that fixes startup of ACC. If it does, you should create a task using task scheduler to start ACCStd on boot. Had that happen on my TravelMate.

bluepen61

from my TravelMate Spin B311R-31-C32R laptop

Windows 11 - 23H2